PO: Memory Map - "The Sky As Well As Space"

https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/memory-map-the-sky-as-well-as-space.html

"With “The Sky as Well as Space”, Memory Map continue to flesh out their uniquely guitar-driven blend of indie pop. Few bands straddle song-craft and technical prowess as effortlessly as Memory Map. Using three guitars (one which cheats its way into acting as a bass), a three-piece drum kit, and vocals from all four members, Memory Map organically fuse cascading guitar lines, complex rhythms, and layered vocal harmonies into shamelessly accessible guitar pop.

In the three years since their debut, Memory Map have gained depth both in composition and production. The album simultaneously showcases the band at their most catchy (“Magnetic Center”), menacing (“Dark Freshman”), and emotional (“Order In the Waves”, “Antelope Earth”). 

Why the three-year gap between albums you ask? Well, the delay is largely due to the popularity of a certain cat. Band member Mike Bridavsky owns and takes care of the most famous cat on the planet, Lil BUB. And because Memory Map have been so flexible in working around Lil BUB’s schedule, the band is officially BUB approved."

If you know what's good then you won't need any convincing. Beautiful, mathy, poppy, and overall just pleasant on the ears. I can't rep this band hard enough.
250 on clear w/ white splatter (hand numbered)
250 on clear w/ black splatter (hand numbered)
Not limited on black

Listen to their first album here: http://memorymapband.com/album/holiday-band
Watch a live video to see if it makes more sense: 

I re-listened to their debut the other day and I don't know why I didn't love it the first time I listened to it, but I sure do now! Plus, members of Good Luck and Rapider Than Horsepower! You can't go wrong! Kind of seemed like a one-off side project kind of thing, so it's good to see more material coming out.

I re-listened to their debut the other day and I don't know why I didn't love it the first time I listened to it, but I sure do now! Plus, members of Good Luck and Rapider Than Horsepower! You can't go wrong! Kind of seemed like a one-off side project kind of thing, so it's good to see more material coming out.

Rapider is one of my favorite bands of all time, and I'll listen to anything Mike Dixon is part of. Did you ever hear Rep Seki or Prayer Breakfast?

I've listened to the new song so many times. Those strings! Wondering if Greg Dixon arranged those like he did for all the Rapider stuff.

Rapider is one of my favorite bands of all time, and I'll listen to anything Mike Dixon is part of. Did you ever hear Rep Seki or Prayer Breakfast?

I've listened to the new song so many times. Those strings! Wondering if Greg Dixon arranged those like he did for all the Rapider stuff.

My main exposure to RTH has been the split LP with The Mae Shi, whom I adore, and the Rapider Than the World 10" I got in a trade or label sale or something. Can't really listen for too long due to the vocals, but I really dig it in small doses. I'll have to check those other bands out!

My main exposure to RTH has been the split LP with The Mae Shi, whom I adore, and the Rapider Than the World 10" I got in a trade or label sale or something. Can't really listen for too long due to the vocals, but I really dig it in small doses. I'll have to check those other bands out!

The Mae Shi split is some of my favorite stuff of both bands, and one of my favorite records ever (as evidenced by my avatar). I've uploaded all of their albums onto youtube, so you can check them out there if you want.

• 7 months later...