A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion (GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS)

think coldhands got cut from the show?

i'm also wondering if penny will be cut too... I didn't see any female dwarfs in the war reenactment, and I figured they would've focused more on her, if she was there.

There was never any announced casting of Coldhands, so that one seems likely. 

Penny...I honestly don't know what this show is going to do for the next two seasons or so. So many weird plot lines with new characters and the like. However, TV networks love love stories so I'm sure they'll get Penny in eventually. Sort of like how they did with Dontos, they don't accent characters much until they really need them.

coldhands seems pretty important to the bran storyline (which is admittedly my least favorite, though potentially very important to the overarcing story), so i dunno how they could cut him all together.

penny was much less integral to everything, so i could see where she might be cut. THEN AGAINNNN.

Yea I think Bran interacting with the heart tree kind of removed the need for Coldhands, unfortunately.  Guess that means we won't get the epic battle with the Nights Watch Wights on the hillside where Bran fights as Hodor.

I assume Penny is gone, unless they re-introduce her some other way.  

Yea I think Bran interacting with the heart tree kind of removed the need for Coldhands, unfortunately.  Guess that means we won't get the epic battle with the Nights Watch Wights on the hillside where Bran fights as Hodor.

I assume Penny is gone, unless they re-introduce her some other way.  

I would think they need that battle just to pump some energy into his story, gotta make show watchers a little more excited.

Also, a rumor I read for the show was that Bronn has already been bought out and Shae hasn't left on the ship yet. Pretty good theory.

Was Bronn bought out?  I just thought he kind of cut and run once Tyrion was fucked.  I definitely don't think Shae left, and as they say... hell hath no furry like a woman scorned...

Was Bronn bought out?  I just thought he kind of cut and run once Tyrion was fucked.  I definitely don't think Shae left, and as they say... hell hath no furry like a woman scorned...

Sounds about right. But I mean he was married to get land, sort of getting him on the other side at this point could make sense.

At the wedding last night, you can clearly see Olenna pop one of the stones off of Sansa's necklace at the start of the feast.  They also made it a point to show her several times throughout the episode.  She also had that casual stroll with Tywin to discuss "young love" aka Margery and Tommen.

BTW the new actor they brought in for Tommen is such a huge departure from how he was portrayed in the book.

At the wedding last night, you can clearly see Olenna pop one of the stones off of Sansa's necklace at the start of the feast.  They also made it a point to show her several times throughout the episode.  She also had that casual stroll with Tywin to discuss "young love" aka Margery and Tommen.

BTW the new actor they brought in for Tommen is such a huge departure from how he was portrayed in the book.

yeah, but people would be reeeeeeally weirded out by her marrying a plump 8/9 year old kid.

Even if he is more interested in cats than.... ya know....

But still.. at least find a plump/jolly looking teenager.  Not Joffrey 2.0.

i see what yer saying.

TOMMENS KITTENS FOR KING.

i read that they replaced the original actor, and this kid played one of the random Lannister cousins last season or something.

So does anyone read ASOIAF forums? They're so hard to keep up with but I try to read once in a while. So many crazy fan theories, this group of people is insane.

From time to time I like to look at theories, but like you said... it gets pretty overwhelming.

Some of the Jon Snow theories are crazy. There is one in particular that I really hope is true.