A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion (GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS)

i like it longer

Same here.  Also, that sex scene that's now a rape scene is a really odd change to make.  Seems like it shifts Jamie's character a lot.

I know that time is a big factor, but it seemed to me that Ser Dontos's relationship with Sansa wasn't really developed at all either.  It's not the most important thing, but I feel like I blinked and I missed it.

Same here.  Also, that sex scene that's now a rape scene is a really odd change to make.  Seems like it shifts Jamie's character a lot.

I know that time is a big factor, but it seemed to me that Ser Dontos's relationship with Sansa wasn't really developed at all either.  It's not the most important thing, but I feel like I blinked and I missed it.

True. Littlefinger shooting him in the face was pretty rad though.

Dunno if this was discussed, but we haven't heard of anything regarding Tyrion's previous wife and why he goes across the narrow sea to find her. I have a feeling that's going to turn into the search for shae in the show and we aren't going to hear about that small bit of lannister interfamily jackassery

Dunno if this was discussed, but we haven't heard of anything regarding Tyrion's previous wife and why he goes across the narrow sea to find her. I have a feeling that's going to turn into the search for shae in the show and we aren't going to hear about that small bit of lannister interfamily jackassery

I would be very uphappy if he didn't kill Shae for doing what she does at his trial and then taking up with his father. Even if they don't bring Tysha into it, hopefully his flight across the Narrow Sea will just be meant as an escape from King's Landing. I don't want him to go looking for Shae. Bitch needs to die.

i'm not so sure. why else would he go to confront/kill his father?

also, it would make sense for her to show up as a witness against him in the trial. and be more of a shock that she hadn't truly left. that scene was great in the book.

they mentioned tysha back in S1 iirc.

also, it would make sense for her to show up as a witness against him in the trial. and be more of a shock that she hadn't truly left. that scene was great in the book.

That makes sense to me and that would be a good bit of misdirection.  I really liked how Tyrion's time in King's Landing ended and I'd love it if the show does it similarly.

Marathoned this shit since Jacob gave me his HBO GO. Just finished last night. I haven't read the books for about 3 or 4 years and this has gotten me in the mood to refresh my memory farther then the show has gotten (which seems to be getting more and more inconsistent with the books). But this is a freaking great show, and the actors really portray themselves as human characters that you respect for their choices or at least can see where they're coming from. But again, my favorite characters are Arya and Tyrion. 

I dont like not knowing what's going to happen. change is scary.  Is this what it's like for people who haven't read the books? I suppose it will be ok to post a quick synopsis of the books in the other thread now. It's not a spolier if the change the plot....

I mean pod totally didn't leave King's Landing with Lady Brienne.

the pod thing is whatever, but that white walker thing is uuhhhhh. what? are they making an army of undead ice babies? i hope so.

looks to be white walkers are using the babies to grow into more white walkers. 

i dont remember any of this from the books, the series is speeding along pretty heavily, i really hope grrm gets writing

looks to be white walkers are using the babies to grow into more white walkers. 

i dont remember any of this from the books, the series is speeding along pretty heavily, i really hope grrm gets writing

uuhhhh do they age up to adults immediately? do they have to wait 20 years until they go through their toddler/angsty teenager white walker stage? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.