A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion (GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS)

uuhhhh do they age up to adults immediately? do they have to wait 20 years until they go through their toddler/angsty teenager white walker stage? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

im pretty sure its more of a power rangers megazord transformation where like 10 babies all combine and interlock their limbs to form a fullgrown white walker

anyone here ever read The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind? When I was about 14 or so I decided to grab one at Barnes n Nobles and I was hooked, I read all 11 in about a month and a half. It's a very adult fantasy series, has your magic, sex, swords, all that. They made a tv series called Legend of the Seeker, but I never got into it. But if anyone is into reading heavy duty fantasy like ASOIAF, I highly recommened Sword of Truth. 

SHOW SPOILERS FROM LAST NIGHTS EPISODE BELOW

Ya, but that cuts about 5 chapters off of Brienne's story.

I like Brienne, but I found that part of her story soooo hard to get through. We all knew she wasn't going to find Sansa, because we knew where Sansa was, and it wasn't anywhere near wear Brienne was headed.

I know this led to hear finding Pod, learning more about The Lord of Light, and the Cleganebowl theories, but I still found reading those chapters to be cumbersome.

I'm pumped on the probable reveal of the king of the Others from Old Nan'a tales though. Makes total sense on why that wasn't in the book too, because who would be there to POV it?

this is gonna suck for book readers if the show catches up and then ends before the last book is out. i mean, obviously there will be far more covered in the books, and some things will be different on the show, but i can't imagine that they completely change the final outcome.

this is gonna suck for book readers if the show catches up and then ends before the last book is out. i mean, obviously there will be far more covered in the books, and some things will be different on the show, but i can't imagine that they completely change the final outcome.

If that was the case, I'd put the show on the back burner.  I've gotten pretty good at avoiding spoilers, so I think I could do it with this.  I really hope that isn't the case though.

For how long though, not sure if I could stand to wait another 6 years. 

I probably could.  There are plenty of other books/movies/tv on my 'to consume' list and I tend to forget about things that aren't immediately in front of me.  That being said, I will devour the next book no matter when it's released.

I will never stop watching the show.  Honestly I think it's a ludicrous idea.  If you enjoy the story, who cares which way you follow it to completion first.  Obviously the books will have way more detail and they are clearly both going down different paths to the same end.  To each his own, but I enjoy the show way to much to not watch it just because I'd rather read the books first.  I plan to finish both and will enjoy each for what they are. 

I will never stop watching the show.  Honestly I think it's a ludicrous idea.  If you enjoy the story, who cares which way you follow it to completion first.  Obviously the books will have way more detail and they are clearly both going down different paths to the same end.  To each his own, but I enjoy the show way to much to not watch it just because I'd rather read the books first.  I plan to finish both and will enjoy each for what they are. 

I will too, but I'm not so enthralled with it that I need to consume the story in any way necessary.  People should enjoy the story however they choose, I just prefer the books and don't mind waiting for them if necessary.  If I'm behind a few years because of that, oh well.