“BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series)” Double LP Pre-Sale Details Revealed

Didn't they basically imply they wanted to do blue vinyl but the color choices weren't up to them so they weren't going to?

Edit:

We right off the bat that this was going to be a complaint from the fans. Trust me we wanted that to happen but you all have to remember that this is a licensed property and EVERYTHING we do or want to do has to get cleared by the property owner. And that is all I have to say about that. Regardless, of the lack of blue I think fans of the show are going to be very happy with the packaging of this release.

Why wouldn't they just have said the blue would be available at a later date? They had to have known at the time to have the pressing available this soon.

Didn't they basically imply they wanted to do blue vinyl but the color choices weren't up to them so they weren't going to?

Edit:

Why wouldn't they just have said the blue would be available at a later date? They had to have known at the time to have the pressing available this soon.

Sounds like a business tactic to me. I'm pretty sure most of the people who bought this directly from Spacelab would have held off if they'd known a meth blue version was coming from HT. I know I would have...

Hot Topic will have exclusive "meth blue" vinyl limited to 1000 copies and available 7/8

Whoa. Travis, you sly bastard... I wonder how long you've been holding out on us. That's awesome news, especially if they pull off the appropriate shade of blue. (Coke bottle would suffice nicely.) Guess I'm back into considering this one. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and giving the fans what they want.

Whoa. Travis, you sly bastard... I wonder how long you've been holding out on us. That's awesome news, especially if they pull off the appropriate shade of blue. (Coke bottle would suffice nicely.) Guess I'm back into considering this one. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and giving the fans what they want.

Holding out on us the whole time is where my $$ is at. If this option was around pre-spacelab, I wouldn't care about those Walter White or Jesse Pinkman variants. Really only wanted that crystal blue persuasion and now I'm wondering how attached to the pink I am...

Holding out on us the whole time is where my $$ is at. If this option was around pre-spacelab, I wouldn't care about those Walter White or Jesse Pinkman variants. Really only wanted that crystal blue persuasion and now I'm wondering how attached to the pink I am...

I feel you.  I know that if I already owned multiple variants of this, I'd feel dirty spinning anything other than a Blue Sky copy.  But that's just my take.

Sounds like a business tactic to me.

Absolutely incorrect. 

The reality is that we took note of the overwhelming public demand for "blue meth vinyl" and presented that to the owners of the Breaking Bad license. Only at that juncture were we granted clearance to do so when previously we did not have the freedom to do so. All of your collective feedback was certainly used in making a "blue meth vinyl"edition a reality.  Folks, it is important to remember when you are handling a licensed release and especially one that is a big as Breaking Bad is that every single aspect-artwork,what images from the property are used and how they are used, placements of logos, where the record is pressed, vinyl colors, every bit of text in the record and even marketing info has to be approved be the license owner, so it is not as simple as "just do this or that".

Absolutely incorrect. 

The reality is that we took note of the overwhelming public demand for "blue meth vinyl" and presented that to the owners of the Breaking Bad license. Only at that juncture were we granted clearance to do so when previously we did not have the freedom to do so. All of your collective feedback was certainly used in making a "blue meth vinyl"edition a reality.  Folks, it is important to remember when you are handling a licensed release and especially one that is a big as Breaking Bad is that every single aspect-artwork,what images from the property are used and how they are used, placements of logos, where the record is pressed, vinyl colors, every bit of text in the record and even marketing info has to be approved be the license owner, so it is not as simple as "just do this or that".

I understand where SpaceLab is coming from, but I think there might be misunderstanding where the upset about this blue variant is coming from.  This board is full of music lovers and some work in the industry and some don't.  I'm positive most of us understand that with licensing come stipulations regarding anything and everything from the music produced, aesthetics, and quantity sold.  So with that I believe most understood the decision was not solely yours. But a blue variant, arguably a main selling point for this release, to be offered only after the success of the two other colors, had to have been a business decision made by those in power of that decision.

So the dissatisfaction exists and rightly so.  Not SpaceLab's fault per se, and you will unjustly feel the brunt of that, but you're also feeling the benefit of that decision.  Not the end of the world of course, but kind of annoying.  That said, I've been really pleased with the quality of the vinyl I purchased from you, so thanks.

I understand where SpaceLab is coming from, but I think there might be misunderstanding where the upset about this blue variant is coming from.  This board is full of music lovers and some work in the industry and some don't.  I'm positive most of us understand that with licensing come stipulations regarding anything and everything from the music produced, aesthetics, and quantity sold.  So with that I believe most understood the decision was not solely yours. But a blue variant, arguably a main selling point for this release, to be offered only after the success of the two other colors, had to have been a business decision made by those in power of that decision.

So the dissatisfaction exists and rightly so.  Not SpaceLab's fault per se, and you will unjustly feel the brunt of that, but you're also feeling the benefit of that decision.  Not the end of the world of course, but kind of annoying.  That said, I've been really pleased with the quality of the vinyl I purchased from you, so thanks.

Well said. Thank you.

And I am not sure if I expressed it properly above-but what I think is very cool is that we were able to present the overwhelming public demand for the meth blue color vinyl to the powers that be and bottom line, late or not-they listened. So the community and fans played an enormous role in making the blue meth variant a reality which as a fan myself I think is very, very cool that you guys were able to speak so loudly and have your voices heard. Moving forward hopefully we can situate things in a manner where we try to make a very concerned effort to implement what fans want into future releases.