“BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series)” Double LP Pre-Sale Details Revealed

I will say that this is the nicest variant of the OST thus far, though.

It's leagues better than white/pink, imo. 

And with that said, I don't know if anyone's "pissed off".  I know I'm not.  Maybe slightly disappointed?  I mean, as disappointed as I can be over the color of a record for the soundtrack to a TV show.  I was also very much on the fence about picking this up - and still would've been a bit 50/50, even if the variant turned out "right", since I just realistically don't see myself revisiting it too often - but the variant was a deciding factor for me.

Call it petty or what have you, but a big appeal of this OST is in the packaging and details of the inserts, etc.  How many people would buy this if it was on black vinyl in a white sleeve, with zero nod to the show?  Let's be real – far fewer.  Aside from the music, a huge element lies in the novelty.  And colored vinyl that matches the drug that the entire show is based off of... that would just be the ultimate novelty, would you not agree?  I think it'd be the main reason to own this press.  At least for me.  Maybe they'll bundle Pt. 1 and 2 of the OST on legitimate coke bottle blue, somewhere down the road.  I could see myself reconsidering the purchase at that point.  Or better yet, if they just released a double LP of the songs used in the show instead of the instrumental scores.  I'd throw very decent money at that.  Especially if it were on "pure" blue sky vinyl.

I'm not upset or angry about the way it turned out, nor am I placing blame on Travis or anyone else.  I just think that a standard coke bottle blue would have been such an easy and practical choice.  Everyone was requesting it from the very first discussion of Breaking Bad vinyl.  It's not like we were hoping for a crazy variant.  Just your coke blue to match the show's aesthetics.  Maybe sometime later.

tl;dr: I ain't mad.  I just ain't buying.  But if I was in the market for this, the new blue variant is definitely the one I'd go with.