Finch Say Hello To Sunshine Vinyl

I'm just starting to get tired of their (SRC) model. Gatefold, 180g, glossy cover, etched D-side, band jizzed into vinyl before it was pressed blah blah. Single, black LP's, in a regular jacket sound and play just as good as the colored, gate fold, band rubbed their balls on the albums prior to shipping albums they've been putting out. I feel like they justify a double lp because of bonus tracks.

(Yes, I'm aware this doesn't have an etched D) 

I'm just starting to get tired of their (SRC) model. Gatefold, 180g, glossy cover, etched D-side, band jizzed into vinyl before it was pressed blah blah. Single, black LP's, in a regular jacket sound and play just as good as the colored, gate fold, band rubbed their balls on the albums prior to shipping albums they've been putting out. I feel like they justify a double lp because of bonus tracks.

Bli1hJpCEAAvvny.jpg

Hells yeah! Best Finch album!

Theres already a thread for this SRC. COME ON!

Easily my favorite Finch album!

Does anyone else find it weird that a bunch off people just come into this thread to say that they dont like this band/release?

People are the worst...

PO'd the yellow. I absolutely love this album and don't have a problem paying this much for such a fantastic record I've been wishing I had for quite sometime now.

Exactly how I feel, SRC releases have been solid so far. I have no problem paying 10 extra bones to ensure quality. Now that I have this all I really truly NEED to have pressed is all of the He is Legend shit and I'm fucking done with my hopefuls.

Even if you take away the bonus tracks this album would be a little bloated on a single LP. 2XLP is great for this album. I love the convenience of a single side flip on a single LP but it will more than likely sound better this way.

I like glossy covers. This one states it will be a matte finish. Would have been nice with gloss but I'm not gonna worry about that detail.

I like gatefolds for both single and 2XLP's. Glad this will have that.

I would also have preferred black vinyl. Can't understand why anyone putting out a record would completely skip this traditional variant.

Still, at the end of the day, as long as this record sounds great, that's what's most important.

The price? Yeah, its a on the rough side. I'm not sure how justifiable it is and how much the licensing fee figures into it but I can see paying around 30 for a few Kyuss single LP's so I guess I can splurge on this one.

Yellow and blue. Can't wait to play this. Stoked they included gak2 on this as well. Great b-side.

Same. Very pleased the album is 2LP. It's 48-52 mins long just w the std 14 tracks. Plus Gak2 is a track w one of the RX Bandits which is one of my favorites.

Also looks like the band approved it cuz of the insert. Randy mentioned that he "can't wait to blow up the artwork & remix it for vinyl".

not to mention i'm getting married soon.

and i really want an RC plane and need to repair one of my RC cars.

Do not let that one go!

Dudes this will go on clearance in a few months, so just chill. I remember getting the CD for 50¢ a year or two ago when ordering something from merch direct or now. Great album but I doubt this will sell out.

We're all ridiculously wealthy. Pocket lint. ;)

The clouds... they make up like 50% of the artwork.

Are you color blind? When have you ever seen a blue Cloud?? Please explain to me when this has happened. I am just playing around, but even the Clouds in this cover aren't blue, they are gray and dark. There is barely any blue in this whole image, the sky color is more dark and depressing with a little sunlight breaking through, hence the name "Say hello to Sunshine." The sunlight is breaking through a depressing dark cloudy sky.

Are you color blind? When have you ever seen a blue Cloud?? Please explain to me when this has happened. I am just playing around, but even the Clouds in this cover aren't blue, they are gray and dark. There is barely any blue in this whole image, the sky color is more dark and depressing with a little sunlight breaking through, hence the name "Say hello to Sunshine." The sunlight is breaking through a depressing dark cloudy sky.

Dude.. do you know what Pantone is?  The "blue" SRC is referring to is the color of the clouds on the album cover AKA Pantone 535, hence the color block I posted.  SRC color matched the vinyl to the artwork.

535C1.jpg

Here it is again for reference.  Also: see user siberiankiss' post above mine and chill out.