WTD: IKEA Expedit 2 x 4 Birch Effect

Plarocks

I saw the Walmart ones put together in-store and they seemed to be exactly the same as the Expedits.  Almost like they just rebranded them for walmart.  The reviews online seem to indicate others that have purchased them for vinyl without issue.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Cube-Organizer-Espresso/29741113

I go there all the time. Used to get weird looks from friends back in high school because I used to buy those big plastic AriZona green teas there, but....it was just a buck, so why not?

I just called my moms in hoping she could head over there since she was out and she was already there, so I asked if she could be on the lookout, haha.

Empty. I read the height wrong thinking it was gonna be like 4-5ft tall and longer. But its like 3-3.5 ft tall and like 3ft wide maybe. Ill have to measure it or look at the specs correctly

3212787E-3EEE-42FE-8384-3B5EAA77E738_zps

Btw, I think if you stand it vertically it'll be around 5'. It said something around 55" in the description, if I remember correctly.

They got some shelves at walmart now. Better home and gardens. Cheap. I bought an 8 cube one yesterday for $70. They have other smaller ones in case you want a cheaper route. They look pretty good from the pics ive seen. Still havent put it together yet till tomorrow

i have a 1x4 of this and it works great

I ordered a pair of these from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O1EQ5A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm rather happy with how well they work. Not as solid or sturdy as I'd like but I do like the fact they stack into one another via pegs and can also be secured together with brackets as well, which I did with better ones from the hardware store for about $3. I only plan on stacking them 3 or so high and I think since the top + bottom will double-up creating a thicker shelf they should do just fine with the weight. Scored each for only $30 shipped too. Figure that's pretty fair. Just price alert via Camelcamelcamel and you'll find them cheaper than the ~$45 they're at right now.

Haven't counted how much they hold but I have all my 6"-10" records, all my box sets, several dupes I own, and all the records I want to sell in there organized quite nicely. I imagine it's quite comparable to either Expedit or similar products.

I think depending on the way you stand it, you need to build it a certain way.  I'm pretty sure you want the weight of the records supported by the long piece.

I heard about that, but the Ikea directions didn't seem to show another way to build it and it looked fine, I put all my records on the bottom thought JIC