Online sales of RSD releases

Welp. Got this email from Marvelio today (regarding Far Cry 3). To me, it doesn't even look like they ever sent it. The timeframe for me to get it hasn't even passed yet, and they are already refunding me after I just asked for a tracking number. Weird. Oh well, atleast I got my money back.

Dear Customer,

Your order has been dispatched as planned and as of now, has not been returned to us. We have of course already contacted the delivery service.

Unfortunately we were not able to provide a replacement delivery because the item is temporarily out of stock. Furthermore, this item is currently not available at any of our suppliers.

Since we would not like to keep you waiting, we cancelled your order and have refunded the cost of purchase.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

We would be pleased if you would consider us for future orders.

Sincerely

-Marvelio

Looks like you scored a free record... I believe the Far Cry 3 was coming from Germany. 

Guest deleted

Welp. Got this email from Marvelio today (regarding Far Cry 3). To me, it doesn't even look like they ever sent it. The timeframe for me to get it hasn't even passed yet, and they are already refunding me after I just asked for a tracking number. Weird. Oh well, atleast I got my money back.

Dear Customer,

Your order has been dispatched as planned and as of now, has not been returned to us. We have of course already contacted the delivery service.

Unfortunately we were not able to provide a replacement delivery because the item is temporarily out of stock. Furthermore, this item is currently not available at any of our suppliers.

Since we would not like to keep you waiting, we cancelled your order and have refunded the cost of purchase.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

We would be pleased if you would consider us for future orders.

Sincerely

-Marvelio

Still waiting here too. I just emailed yesterday and got the first stock response. And I agree, if nobody gets this that negative feedback should be left.

My local store, My Minds Eye, doesn't have an online storefront but will sell RSD stuff over the phone. Call 216-521-6660 and ask for Charles; tell him I sent you. All his prices are extremely fair (most are under typical RSD MSRPs). I just stopped by a few minutes ago and he still has TONS left; here's what I can recall off the top of my head:

Aerosmith

American Authors/Mowglis split

Albert Ammons

Autistic Behavior

Badbadnotgood

Joan Baez

Bis 7-inch

Bonobo

Bored Games

Botch

Charles Bradley

Broken Bells

Built To Spill

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis

Close Your Eyes

Delux

Devo/Flaming Lips split

Die Kreuzen 12-inch

Disclosure

Django Django

Dodos

Drive By Truckers

Steve Earle

Everly Brothers

Fang/Symbol Six split

Flaming Lips

Fleetwood Mac

Folk Box

Gojira

Green Day (cassette and vinyl)

Dot Hacker

Half Japanese

Grant Hart

Heavens To Betsy

Gil Scott Heron

Ice T

The J's/Sandy Barber split

Rick James

Waylon Jennings & Shooter Jennings

Joan Jett

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Sharon Jones

Joy Division

The Julie Ruin

July

Jungle Rot

Karma To Burn

Khlyst

Kings Of Leon

The Last Internationale

Hamilton Leithauser

Liars

Mastodon

Medicine

Memphis May Fire

MGMT - Congratulations

Motorhead

Neon Neon

Notorious BIG

Notwist

OFF!

Pagans

Parquet Courts

Dolly Parton

Jaco Pastorious vinyl

Nina Persson

Phosphorescent

Pissed Jeans

Pixies

Placebo

Poison Idea/Pantera split

PUJOL

Ramones

Saturday Looks Good To Me

Scharpling & Wurster

Slipknot

Omar Souleyman

Harry Dean Stanton

Suburban Mutilation

Sun Ra

Type O Negative

Velvet Underground

Whirlwind Heat

White Denim

Xiu Xiu

Zombies

V/A - Non Violent Femmes

V/A - Pink Panther Soundtrack

I just called Charles and he's a really rad guy. Picking up a few, I won't tell you which...

When will your items arrive?           Shipment #1: 1 item - delivery estimate: April 29, 2014 - May 14, 2014

Marvelioooooo

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your request.

Your order was dispatched as planned and has not yet been returned to us. The item may have got lost during the shipment or is still on its way to you.

We are going to send an enquiry to the delivery service immediately, also we will send a replacement at our expense, if the item is still available from one of our suppliers. Please note that this process could take a few more days.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could notify us if you should receive the original order. Again, we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

You may rest assured: It is of great importance to us that you receive your order as soon as possible.

Sincerely

-Marvelio

Ticket History

===================

(Client) Posted On: 09 May 2014 05:29 AM

===============================================================

Order ID 102-6136167-1774621:

1 of RSD-Power Glove - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon [LP] (limited to 300, indie-exclusive) [ASIN: B00IX64F4A]

>>>>

I've ordered once before from this store, the no tracking thing is normal, but goddamn, hope my record comes soon!!!

Any Marvelio buyers get a strange USPS email today?

I got this... 

Notification

Your parcel has arrived at May 7th, 2014. Courier was unable to deliver the parcel to you.

Print your label and show it in the nearest post office to get a parcel. 

THEN i get a busted Polish URL

http://tomag24.2be.pl/en.php?key=xQiYh249WAYgpkuEdR196E%2BQ1SsCfLb1L6GO60xD7sw%3D

I'm hoping it's the Marvelio package 

Any Marvelio buyers get a strange USPS email today?

I got this...

Notification

Your parcel has arrived at May 7th, 2014. Courier was unable to deliver the parcel to you.

Print your label and show it in the nearest post office to get a parcel.

THEN i get a busted Polish URL

http://tomag24.2be.pl/en.php?key=xQiYh249WAYgpkuEdR196E%2BQ1SsCfLb1L6GO60xD7sw%3D

I'm hoping it's the Marvelio package

I got that email too and I'm not missing any kind of package so I'm pretty sure it's spam.

Yeah, I think that's just spam (probably the kind not good for your computer). In no way tied to your order or any order you've placed.

Yea def spam. Fuck. 

I got that email too and I'm not missing any kind of package so I'm pretty sure it's spam.

Are you part of the Marvelio screwed over crew too?

What happens after all the flippers sell REM for $200-300? Do they disappear forever or do they get reflipped again?

Highly unlikely they will be fliped again.  There are about 10 copies on Discogs in that price range and they've been there for a couple of weeks.  If it is difficult to sell them at $250, how could you possibly buy one and reflip it?

They will never disappear but after the flipper scum drop their prices or people cave in and pay the prices listed now, you won't see them for sale a lot but they will show up from time to time.

Part of the Marvelio crew waiting on a Far Cry 3. Yet to receive record.

I'll bet this is what happened: Marvelio realized they sold a bunch of copies to people in the United States at a loss due to only charging $3.99 for shipping. They jacked up the price to $80, actually sent those and will refund everyone who ordered a $40 copy.

im part of the marvelio waiting party, but never received that spam message you guys received. I honestly think we got screwed. I emailed them and they said this:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your request.

Your order has already been processed. As quoted on Amazon we only assure a delivery within 7-14 business days, however, we have noticed that the delivery could take more time than expected.
Please feel free to contact us again if your order does not arrive within the given time frame. At that time we will try to find an acceptable solution for you.

Sincerely
-Marvelio