Online sales of RSD releases

Thanks so much! Just grabbed the last DCFC (I believe) via phone. So stoked I finally got ahold of a copy!!

No problem. Skully'z had all of the ones that got away this RSD. This year, I am officially out of the maw of eBay flippers!!!! Unless of course I decide not to bid on Jack White's Lazaretto, which can't be found anywhere else, really.  

Here's my friendly advice to people still searching for that "elusive" disc:

Stop obsessively refreshing those familiar websites: BullMoose, Earcandy, Turntable Lab, Amoeba, etc. They are pushing the envelope in being "independent" record outfits anyway. 

Instead, go out to RSD's participating venues at http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues. Look at local record shops and then branch out from there. Find the listed shop's Facebook pages and find the phone numbers. Pick up that phone!

I've learned that in spite of it being 2014, a lot of truly independent record shops are still "low-tech" and do not have the capability to keep a live database (or even a website). In addition, posting leftover RSD stock to a site like Discogs is pretty expensive (8% + paypal fees), so I can see why small record shops go the Facebook route. Facebook is a very low-cost option to get the word out there. 

See you in the crates next year! I'm praying for a DELUXE REISSUE OF MODEST MOUSE - LONESOME CROWDED WEST. Take that as a hint for instant $$$$ to the RSD organizers out there....

No problem. Skully'z had all of the ones that got away this RSD. This year, I am officially out of the maw of eBay flippers!!!! Unless of course I decide not to bid on Jack White's Lazaretto, which can't be found anywhere else, really.  

Stop obsessively refreshing those familiar websites: BullMoose, Earcandy, Turntable Lab, Amoeba, etc. They are pushing the envelope in being "independent" record outfits anyway. 

Instead, go out to RSD's participating venues at http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues. Look at local record shops and then branch out from there. Find the listed shop's Facebook pages and find the phone numbers. Pick up that phone!

I've learned that in spite of it being 2014, a lot of truly independent record shops are still "low-tech" and do not have the capability to keep a live database (or even a website). In addition, posting leftover RSD stock to a site like Discogs is pretty expensive (8% + paypal fees), so I can see why small record shops go the Facebook route. Facebook is a very low-cost option to get the word out there. 

See you in the crates next year! I'm praying for a DELUXE REISSUE OF MODEST MOUSE - LONESOME CROWDED WEST. Take that as a hint for instant $$$$ to the RSD organizers out there....

Pick up the phone, and start dialing!

Now that's smart!

This. I've found my best prices from independent stores online.

If you got back one page, there's a face 

Here, Surfer Blood is here supposedly

https://www.facebook.com/SuperflysMusic/posts/773306839360262

I had to leave after you posted this, but THANK YOU so much for this! I was able to track down a copy of the Sky Ferriera picture disc, which means my time spent obsessively checking this thread is over. I really appreciate it. :)

Do we think the Scott pilgrim will eventually go down in price? I know the ghostbusters will. There's just no way that will stay over $100. But I'm getting so frustrated that I might crack and buy Scott pilgrim for way more than it sold for . Fucking flippers!! I did luck out and get liars for $40 so I have one decent outcome

all 3 of the Records i have orderd this year through Relapse and Bull Moose have been cancelled. Is it me or is this year become WAY more insane than the last? I think ill just have to grab the Pinback record on ebay.

It has been, but it's a good thing. It's great to see my record store have a line out the door at 5PM on RSD (After opening at 10AM). I'm all about the growing demand, but I am still scratching my head over why they would want Crosley releasing a turntable. 

I notice all the "guests" on here too. I wish there were a way to privatize threads or something. Although, not sure how much that would deter people from just signing up. helluva hobby

Agreed. If it gets to the point where there are more guests than members in here, I am going to post shops selling rare 2014 RSD Nickelback 7" singles and Hannah Montana picture discs.