Online sales of RSD releases

This is kind of random question. So some titles that were available in stores had a certain price. Then when you are seeing what is online the prices, depending on the site, could be the same or sometimes up to like 5-8 bucks more.

Is that common practice for these? I mean if its something tht is going for a ton on ebay it would be a no brainer as a consumer to pay a 5 dollar mark up instead of a 30+ potential mark up.

This is kind of random question. So some titles that were available in stores had a certain price. Then when you are seeing what is online the prices, depending on the site, could be the same or sometimes up to like 5-8 bucks more.

Is that common practice for these? I mean if its something tht is going for a ton on ebay it would be a no brainer as a consumer to pay a 5 dollar mark up instead of a 30+ potential mark up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the records are sent to the store with a suggested retail price. They choose exactly how much they want to sell it for depending on that price, so that's why you see different prices.

I'm looking for Liars, ghostbusters and scott pilgrim.  If anyone sees it can you give me a heads up? I've checked all the sites you guys listed and they were all out.

also, I'm going back to my record store tomorrow when it opens at 11 (central time).  Does anyone want me to look for something for them? When I left Saturday afternoon 3 hours before they closed, they had Gambino, pink panther, joy division, flaming lips, LCD soundsystem, aaaand I can't really remember what else.  It was closed yesterday so I don't think there would be much of a difference in stock.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the records are sent to the store with a suggested retail price. They choose exactly how much they want to sell it for depending on that price, so that's why you see different prices.

I could be wrong on this, but I think that the stores aren't suppose to sell releases above the MSRP (as part of the RSD agreement).  I'm sure some stores don't follow that though.

I just saw at least 7 or 8 of these at the Bull Moose in Portland, ME. I ran up there for the Fishbone EP about an hour ago, so I am should they will be available to purchase online tomorrow when Bull Moose starts selling over the website. (On another note I seem to have lucked out on that Fishbone. I missed it at the store I went to yesterday and seems like it's a very tough find as of today.)

If anyone hears, I am hoping at this point to get my hands on the Spacemen 3 box...I had it in my hand yesterday and put it back because it was so expensive and I already had a pile of releases in my hands. Now I am regretting it. Can't find it anywhere...I guess it was limited to 300 copies.

Other Music NY has it

I'm looking for Liars, ghostbusters and scott pilgrim.  If anyone sees it can you give me a heads up? I've checked all the sites you guys listed and they were all out.

also, I'm going back to my record store tomorrow when it opens at 11 (central time).  Does anyone want me to look for something for them? When I left Saturday afternoon 3 hours before they closed, they had Gambino, pink panther, joy division, flaming lips, LCD soundsystem, aaaand I can't really remember what else.  It was closed yesterday so I don't think there would be much of a difference in stock.

PM'd. Thanks

Supposedly Ear Candy has a copy of the DCFC release http://www.earcandymusic.biz/Death-Cab-For-Cutie-Magik-Magik-Orchestra-Live-p/c0002539.htm

I also got 10% off with the coupon "grandopening".

ok so i accidentally order the last two only wanted one.  If they actually ship I will sell the other for cost plus shipping to anyone who wants it.  Probably be like 37 or so.

My local store, Attic records is doing mail order on their remaining stock and they have a bunch if stuff. Was just there and saw multiple Gambino, 311, Notorious BIG, August burns red, Frightened Rabbit, Outkast, Soundgarden, Death Waltz Releases. Tons more, too much to name.

Phone number is 412-821-8484. Boom.