THE CONSTANTINES - "KENSINGTON HEIGHTS" LP

so i got the cd in the mail today. listened to it twice. first thoughts: it seems a little more scattershot than previous records. a few more "ballads". surprisingly, my favorite track right now seems to be the one that the other guy sings, "Shower of Stones". definitely need to listen to it more to get a better grasp on how i feel about it.

listened to this record in my car tonight for the first time. something just doesnt seem right at all with the mix. the bass is so up front and loud. it's really distracting. it sounds ok on my headphones; a very natural, "live" feel. but for some reason the stereo in my car is bringing out the bass to obnoxious levels. has anyone else noticed this?

EDIT: so i'm finally warming up to this a little bit. i definitely think there are just too many slower songs, but when this record is on it's classic Constantines. I Will Not Sign A Hateful Song is great. i do miss the band's more explosive, abrasive side, but a good song is a good song, and there are plenty to be found here.