Silverchair - Diorama

57 minute running time on a single LP, hmm :/

It was a single LP originally. 7 minutes of "After all these years" is silence and then the "outro." They'll definitely have to lose the silence, maybe the piano at the end as well. There's also the piano stuff at the end of Without You. That's another 60 seconds to shave off. If they need to anyway.

I'd love to see a proper deluxe 2xlp reissue with the (fantastic) b-sides on the d-side. This album deserves it, as does Young Modern.

Hugely excited for this. Kind of bummed now that I never picked up MOV's Neon Ballroom. I just kept hearing dubious things about its sound quality/packaging. Hoping it gets another repress soon.

I listened to mine last night and thought it sounded fine. I'm not sure what the problem with sound or the packaging was, maybe just using a standard weight cardboard for the jacket? It's nothing heavy duty but it's still sturdy. 

Got this today. On first pass it sounds pretty good. I did hit a badly distorted 10 seconds or so during "Too much of not enough" though.

Edit: listened to "Too much" again, no distortion. Weird.

As stereotypical as it sounds, I am hearing things I never heard before while listening to this. There is so much going on as far as background vocals and instruments. The jacket is pretty disappointing, high-gloss (though I suppose it works with this release), standard single jacket. No insert or anything.

I'm really happy to finally have this on vinyl, I wish a little more effort was put into it though. A gatefold jacket would've been welcome. Wonder if SRC will get their hands on the Atlantic releases, would be interesting.

Got mine yesterday! It sounds simply brilliant in my opinion!!! Some might say it has to much treble, but I thing it's perfect the way it is. Heard it twice - second time on headphones and had absolutely no surface noises. Just great

I agree. Listened to my copy yesterday and I noticed details never heard listening to the CD...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...