Talons: "New Topographics" /400 Black at Topshelf - 20 copies @ $20 each

From the "real" Talons (sans apostrophe), UK, famous for Hollow Realm (postrock, Topshelf Records)

The hour is soon upon us, from Big Scary Monsters... New Topographic

http://www.7digital.com/artist/talons/release/new-topographics

0003586872_500.jpg

1. Monuments

2. Reverie

3. Lunar Gloss

4. The Wild Places

5. Rituals

6. The Dreams Have No Dream

7. Stay Cold

8. Petrovice

edited (again)

• 4 weeks later...

Time to update that OP, Don.

New Topographics

August 8th, 2014

Pre-orders being announced "soon".  In the meantime, hit the image below for the first single, The Wild Places.  Personally speaking, it's exactly what I was hoping for / expecting when I think of new Talons material.

talons%3Awildplaces.jpg

sir, yes sir!

will have to check out music later, glad to hear positives from my friends with similar ears!

OK, will change that date (no down vote either  ;) )

First pass through, they certainly have kept their intensity, and thought of Evan as the strings are more orchestral and Sigur Ros intense there at the end vs. violinists venturing out on their own.  

Either CK or 65dos sprinkled in there.  

The author mentions RC, but that batterist is not Turncrantz style at all on this track, not on Hollow Realms either, nothing reminds me of RC/metal really. Just intense, harder edgy post rock with strings.

One track on HR I think is in 7/8 and with the strings really harkens Magyar Posse Random Avenger.

Good stuff, looking forward to this one. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping to see if there's any news re: pre-orders. I'm all ready to bite the bullet for the overseas shipping, but it's hard to save for when there aren't a whole lot of updates coming out.

Also I still keep jamming that first song they put out. Everything about this album just feels like it's gonna be a step up from Hollow Realm.

• 2 weeks later...

POs go live "tomorrow morning". CD, vinyl, and a limited bundle of some sort. No idea where or when – presumably at Big Scary Monsters. I'll post more info if I stumble across it.

[edit]

Confirmed BSM store, and "10 AM" – no idea which timezone. Band is obscure enough that I can't imagine anything selling out instantly. But I've been waiting a long, long time for this record and want to leave nothing to chance.

Should we try & work some kind of combined deal to help with shipping? I want in, but gotta save anyway I can.

I'm 100% all in as well, even if 20GBP - I passed on Pet Slimmers 2xLP for that much, but I'll fork it for this one. 

Man, 10AM UK time will be 5AM here, 2AM PST - are you still awake at that time Derek?

I think I'll wait to see the pressing info for this before I commit myself to a group buy. (Topshelf did say they would be distro-ing it down the line.) But if there's some /100, /200, or /300 sweet color config that I just can't pass up, I'll definitely be in for whatever deal-saving scheme Don or Derek cook up. If it looks like it's just one huge pressing - which I hope won't be the case - then I'll probably just wait for a US distro.