LCD Soundsystem - The Long Goodbye (RSD 14)

Did a quick search and didn't see a thread dedicated to this release. Had it in my hand Saturday morning but couldn't bring myself to pay the price tag. Did anyone pick this up? What do you think? I'm a huge fan of the band and don't own any of their stuff on wax, so I keep going back to whether it's worth picking up as an overview. Loved the documentary as well.

Yeah, the 5/20 release is for real. 

from the RSD website

This special box set will be released exclusively on Record Store Day 2014 over a month before it is available anywhere else. 

It was also labeled as an "RSD FIRST" release. I take that to mean the vinyl will available everywhere on 5/20.

Great set, although the sides being split A/C B/D etc is super annoying with just 1 TT. 

If however they do release this widely on may 20th (which based on hearsay from Warner Bros employees, seems to be the case), I can safely say I will never line up at another RSD event. Pretty much every big release has been easier to find / cheaper online than it was locally, this LCD soundsystem box was the only reason i lined up at all.

I've heard all kinds of rumors, from the May 20th release being digital only, to the new box set not being on 180gram vinyl, to it being no different than the RSD release at all. With all the reports of it being an incredible set, figured better be safe than sorry. My local shop received one randomly this week and I snagged it. Haven't spun it yet, but the set looks incredibly impressive.

...I kind of think it might just get a digital release May 20th

on the DL card included, James left a message saying it would never be released on CD.  It didn't say anything about vinyl on wide release, but from the info floating around, I would think it would include vinyl.  Vinyl/Digital release is my guess in May

a dude from my record store discouraged me from getting the RSD version...says it's supposed to retail for $79.99 as opposed to the $129.00 for RSD.

apparently it's not 180g and on a different color but should be the same on all other accounts...my store has a good relationship with brooklyn shops so i'd take his word for it

a dude from my record store discouraged me from getting the RSD version...says it's supposed to retail for $79.99 as opposed to the $129.00 for RSD.

apparently it's not 180g and on a different color but should be the same on all other accounts...my store has a good relationship with brooklyn shops so i'd take his word for it

If that's true then I'm really happy I held off. It's not going to bother me if the records weigh a little less.

This is what I'm banking on/hoping for. If it's not a wide release, then this thing is going to go up up UP in value. But honestly, I'm just sick of these overpriced RSD sets. If this thing had been $90 or $100, would have grabbed it, no debate. I just feel like the market needs to discourage these prices in some way, but I know I'm screaming at the rain. 

I've heard all kinds of rumors, from the May 20th release being digital only, to the new box set not being on 180gram vinyl, to it being no different than the RSD release at all. With all the reports of it being an incredible set, figured better be safe than sorry. My local shop received one randomly this week and I snagged it. Haven't spun it yet, but the set looks incredibly impressive.

Got mine for $119 shipped through turntablelab.com.  Figured even if I waited for the regular release to come out, I'd still have to pay around $130 so I decided to jump on it.

EDIT:  Apparently a non-180g version sounds like it will be sold for $80.  Oh well, cannot wait to give this a spin.

Got mine for $119 shipped through turntablelab.com.  Figured even if I waited for the regular release to come out, I'd still have to pay around $130 so I decided to jump on it.

EDIT:  Apparently a non-180g version sounds like it will be sold for $80.  Oh well, cannot wait to give this a spin.

Source on the non-180 gram?