LCD Soundsystem - The Long Goodbye (RSD 14)

I hope Kris puts up a white label version of this.

Probably wont know for a while, just got this automated email response back from him.

"I am currently tour managing Factory Floor and will be dealing with your emailed concerns when I am not driving or in Canada. Excuse some delays in response. 

Talk to you soon!

kris // dfa"

The download code message from James kind of insinuates May 20th is a digital only release and the original announcement on the rolling stone website says "The band will also release the set digitally on May 20th." 

I don't know though, my local store said they can order a cheaper copy as well (For $130 as apposed to $230 on RSD)

I don't know though, my local store said they can order a cheaper copy as well (For $130 as apposed to $230 on RSD)

$130 isn't cheap. The RSD version only retailed for $115??

Anyway, my store owner acts like they're still leftover copies that might be available for stores to order. Maybe that's where the May 20th comes in. He didn't seem to think it was a separate pressing. Just leftover stock from the initial run. (3000?)

I paid 110 on Saturday.  Also, it appeared as a presale for a very short amount of time (don't even think it was a day) on SoundStage 3-4 weeks before RSD.  Someone happened to be trolling it at the time it flashed.  Said it was 69.99.  

I don't see this being a colored vinyl thing, unless maybe white.  James is into black.  I see this being out of the original 3000.  I know stores had a bunch, but mine only had a couple each 

My store had these on RSD and sold out, went in today and one was on the shelf. They got it in with their mail yesterday. I was surprised to see it, but wasn't about to buy it at $130.

Same. Just picked this up today at Amoeba in SF for $130. The guy behind the register was confused because they sold out on RSD. Has the RSD Exclusive sticker and everything.

I paid 110 on Saturday.  Also, it appeared as a presale for a very short amount of time (don't even think it was a day) on SoundStage 3-4 weeks before RSD.  Someone happened to be trolling it at the time it flashed.  Said it was 69.99.  

I don't see this being a colored vinyl thing, unless maybe white.  James is into black.  I see this being out of the original 3000.  I know stores had a bunch, but mine only had a couple each 

DFA does and has put out albums on colored vinyl and James is the CEO (albeit "hands off" for quite a while now), so I wouldn't 100% rule it out....  Just gonna depend on what they decided to agree to with RSD.

Listened to the entire thing today and it sounds quite spectacular. I was never really a fan of the mix on the Blu-ray/DVD and the live stream mix was just awful. This vinyl mix is essentially flawless.

Good to hear, still waiting on mine and I'm traveling to Philthy for a few days so the earliest I'll be able to listen to this is on Monday.

DFA does and has put out albums on colored vinyl and James is the CEO (albeit "hands off" for quite a while now), so I wouldn't 100% rule it out....  Just gonna depend on what they decided to agree to with RSD.

I am aware DFA puts out colored vinyl.  I was referring more towards LCD vinyl.  Every one I've seen is black.  So, I agree with you, but I will still 90% rule it out, lol.