LCD Soundsystem - The Long Goodbye (RSD 14)

Looks like there isn't a difference in the RSD release and this one either:

https://twitter.com/dfarecords/status/461946623422365697

Yeah, as an owner of the RSD box, the only logical difference between the two would be the "RSD Exclusive" sticker on the shrink wrap. Other than that, they should be exactly identical.

I don't know if they're going to put more up in store but there are only 20 copies left if anyone is waiting. But perhaps they are just selling them in batches..

They didn't press this release. What they're getting is likely what has been allocated to them by the distributors. Not uncommon for them to sell copies of distribution items in their webstore.

Everything about the release is top quality. Its not only well manufactured, its a well made record. Not to mention the content is the fucking best.

The side that starts w/ Sound Of Silver is about as ridiculous as it gets. The whole time I'm listening to that side I'm thinking to myself, "this IS the definitive live album release of my generation".

I hope holding out for the mass release ends up paying off...

i don't know if anyone knows for sure they'll be a mass release (or maybe a great release, eh eh LCD joke)

plus i mean isn't /3000 kind of a mass release for a $130 somewhat niche box set? i wouldn't be surprised if the 3000 for RSD plus maybe some overrun is all they do. 

i don't know if anyone knows for sure they'll be a mass release (or maybe a great release, eh eh LCD joke)

plus i mean isn't /3000 kind of a mass release for a $130 somewhat niche box set? i wouldn't be surprised if the 3000 for RSD plus maybe some overrun is all they do. 

I think LCD is a lot less "niche" than you would imagine.  LCD might not be insanely popular on VC but that's not really saying very much.  If you can sellout MSG, you should have no problem moving 3000 of these boxsets, especially considering the hype and context surrounding their final gig.  $130 is most definitely a worthy price for this too, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...