Chiodos - All's Well That Ends Well and Bone Palace Ballet Hot Topic exclusives

Yeah, and there was no real reason it was taken off. It's not like it was a weak song or anything. They played it at a homestate show I was at and everyone went nuts and was singing along so I don't think people hate it at all.

They took it off, presumedly, because of copyright issues (several lines in it are straight out of one of Charles Bukowskis poem, indeed, the album is named after a collection of poems by him) as was the poem recited at the end of The Undertaker's Thirst for Revenge, as it was a poem by Rod McKuen. 

Pretty sure it is

oh yeah? Aside from this topic and it being on the upcoming releases list on Modern vinyl, there's literally no information about this re-issue, so I don't know how you're pretty sure. Also, just because it's a 2xLP doesn't mean anything, as albums of any length are being pressed on double LPs just because they can to make more money off of us.

I'm pretty sure the band wants to put that far behind them now that Owens is back in the band. Though, since they're on a different label now, maybe EVR will do it anyways. I'd buy the hell out of it.

honestly, fuck Craig. I'm buying these albums for pure nostalgic reasons, but over the years I've really lost respect for the guy. Aside from all the shit he put the band through with his drug abuse, when he left/was kicked out he started D.R.U.G.S, released an album, talked shit about Chiodos, and whenever there was a glimmer of a chance to re join the band, he just fucking dropped the rest of his band mates in D.R.U.G.S (which was the most ridiculous set of musicians) like they were nothing. Brandon Bolmer is a way better vocalist than Craig is anymore, and Illuminaudio is my favorite Chiodos record, even though I look at that record as a different band. 

Pretty sure it is

oh yeah? Aside from this topic and it being on the upcoming releases list on Modern vinyl, there's literally no information about this re-issue, so I don't know how you're pretty sure. Also, just because it's a 2xLP doesn't mean anything, as albums of any length are being pressed on double LPs just because they can to make more money off of us.

...... :lol:

honestly, fuck Craig. I'm buying these albums for pure nostalgic reasons, but over the years I've really lost respect for the guy. Aside from all the shit he put the band through with his drug abuse, when he left/was kicked out he started D.R.U.G.S, released an album, talked shit about Chiodos, and whenever there was a glimmer of a chance to re join the band, he just fucking dropped the rest of his band mates in D.R.U.G.S (which was the most ridiculous set of musicians) like they were nothing. Brandon Bolmer is a way better vocalist than Craig is anymore, and Illuminaudio is my favorite Chiodos record, even though I look at that record as a different band. 

Craig Owens wouldn't be back in the band if the other members of Chiodos didn't agree to it. It seems fairly obvious to me that it was a business decision on both of their parts, plain and simple. Neither Illuminaudio nor D.R.U.G.S. sold nearly as well as either of the first two Chiodos albums, and the turn out for their shows was considerably smaller as well. 

So while I'm not gonna defend Craig Owens, as I don't personally know the man, I will say that the other members of Chiodos, minus Jason Hale, played their part in his rejoining the band.

And really, it could be a lot worse. At least he's not Jonny Craig (although Jonny Craig is 100x the singer Craig Owens will ever be.)

Craig Owens wouldn't be back in the band if the other members of Chiodos didn't agree to it. It seems fairly obvious to me that it was a business decision on both of their parts, plain and simple. Neither Illuminaudio nor D.R.U.G.S. sold nearly as well as either of the first two Chiodos albums, and the turn out for their shows was considerably smaller as well. 

So while I'm not gonna defend Craig Owens, as I don't personally know the man, I will say that the other members of Chiodos, minus Jason Hale, played their part in his rejoining the band.

And really, it could be a lot worse. At least he's not Jonny Craig (although Jonny Craig is 100x the singer Craig Owens will ever be.)

I totally see that, it being a business decision more than anything makes total sense to me. I thought the DRUGS album was just okay, but like I said, I loved Illuminaudio. Of course, that's me, and I could see why a lot of people weren't into it, seeing as it was a bit of a departure from true Chiodos style. 

And I'll agree there as well, Jonny Craig is a pretentious fucking dickhead, but he has the voice of 1000 angels. Damnit.

......  :lol:

I'm confused...not sure what I said that was funny.

I'm confused...not sure what I said that was funny.

Travis acquires all the licenses for the Hot Topic vinyl pressings. Meaning he obviously knows what is going to be released.

Travis works for Hot Topic, therefore does know for sure, so for you to say he wouldn't is pretty funny to the rest of us. Newbie mistake.

I got to go to a small Acoustic show with them before the Devils Dance Tour. They are all some of the coolest guys you can meet, especially Craig. He encouraged everyone to talk to them and not just get a picture and bounce. He also took time to apologize for the inconsistencies of his and the band and the guys all agreed with him. He acknowledges he was a drug addict and is, from what I can see, doing his best to stay away from relapsing to that part of his life

One of his tweets from a few weeks back:

"Guys, I'm a recovering drug addict. I don't care if you smoke weed, but please don't do it at our shows. Thank you in advance." 

Travis works for Hot Topic, therefore does know for sure, so for you to say he wouldn't is pretty funny to the rest of us. Newbie mistake.

haha fair enough. a rookie mistake indeed. still though, he did say "pretty sure". Honestly, I don't care which version it is, although I will be a little sad if it's Grand Coda simply because Teeth the Size of Piano keys won't be on it, I think it's one of my favorite songs on the album. Still excited for these to be re-pressed (i guess Grand Coda wouldn't technically be a repress) regardless.

I got to go to a small Acoustic show with them before the Devils Dance Tour. They are all some of the coolest guys you can meet, especially Craig. He encouraged everyone to talk to them and not just get a picture and bounce. He also took time to apologize for the inconsistencies of his and the band and the guys all agreed with him. He acknowledges he was a drug addict and is, from what I can see, doing his best to stay away from relapsing to that part of his life

One of his tweets from a few weeks back:

"Guys, I'm a recovering drug addict. I don't care if you smoke weed, but please don't do it at our shows. Thank you in advance." 

I guess I'm just bitter about them bringing Bolmer into the band and then kicking him out for the sake of getting Craig back. It is what it is, and Brandon is still doing music, so I suppose I can't complain.

Wow! Lot of trash talk on Craig Owens. The dude is an amazing musician. He had a problem. He's recovering. He's doing his best to make up for it. He's human. I'm seeing/meeting them tonight and I am beyond stoked!

I don't mean to trash him, and I know I mentioned his drug problem, but the real problem I have with him is his back and forth with Chiodos and kind of leaving all those other musicians hanging just because he had a better opportunity.

I don't mean to trash him, and I know I mentioned his drug problem, but the real problem I have with him is his back and forth with Chiodos and kind of leaving all those other musicians hanging just because he had a better opportunity.

He didn't leave Chiodos. He was kicked out. For good reason. He didn't just leave DRUGS for a better opportunity. They broke up, unannounced, and eventually, he talked to the other dudes of Chiodos and they joined back up. It's in interviews.

Wow! Lot of trash talk on Craig Owens. The dude is an amazing musician. He had a problem. He's recovering. He's doing his best to make up for it. He's human. I'm seeing/meeting them tonight and I am beyond stoked!

He didn't leave Chiodos. He was kicked out. For good reason. He didn't just leave DRUGS for a better opportunity. They broke up, unannounced, and eventually, he talked to the other dudes of Chiodos and they joined back up. It's in interviews.

look at the tears on this one