[PO]: Now -- ROSETTA - "Flies To Flame" EP on Translation Loss

Apologies if you think this is too premature, but I'm really eager to hear what they have done with their sound on this EP per the description:

http://rosettaband.tumblr.com/post/83720147323/new-ep-update

New EP update

Our new EP, titled Flies to Flame, is being mastered this week. It’ll be out later this year in traditional formats — LP and CD — on Translation Loss Records. This not a pay-what-you-wish digital release.

This recording was a departure from our normal working style. We wrote the material in late 2012 and recorded it in a garage in early 2013, while we were writing The Anaesthete. It’s deliberately lo-fi, jangly, and experimental, a tribute to the stripped-down sound of the post-rock and drone records we loved when Rosetta began. Most of it was improvised as it was being recorded, and it was not edited or ‘fixed’ to make it sound polished. All the grit is there. We used different instruments and equipment than we normally play with, since this material isn’t intended to be played live. Instead it functions as a kind of process document, from an important and transitional year in our life as a band.

For the first time since The Galilean Satellites, we did all recording and mixing ourselves (with the invaluable help of our intern engineer, Alex Ruday). Mike Wohlberg is returning to create the artwork and layout, and James Plotkin is mastering it for both CD and vinyl.

Track list:
1. Soot
2. Seven Years with Nothing to Show
3. Les Mots et les Choses
4. Pegasus

I'm still waiting for their US version of 'The Anaesthete' they promised was coming...

I have the Euro version they put out at release.

Armine's  been selling records, and BJ / Matt have been selling stuff, so I'm not sure if that was for studio time for the EP or if for the US pressing of The Anaesthete.

• 3 months later...

If you follow them on FB they posted some clips from their tour in China this summer

One of tracks is from the EP, and they had said not written to be played live - so enjoy this if you haven't already...

http://site.douban.com/rosetta/widget/videos/7304747/video/499682/

Hard to tell if the artwork is MW or not. It was cool how Matt had the idea for the ADoM cover, and they archived the rough sketches to the final product.

Lord knows I would much rather deal with Amazon than TL, so just make them all Black plz !

I don't think I've ever ordered from TL, they a pain to deal with or something?

3 for 3 had to file PP claim after non-fulfillment (first one at the 44 day mark) after scanty answer to emails, 2nd two times after 4 weeks if no product and no response to email, did the claim thing.

maybe with the new website they are better organized/staffed, idk?

I don't think I've ever ordered from TL, they a pain to deal with or something?

I've ordered from them numerous times over the years and never had one issue. I actually ordered a record last week and received it yesterday. I would order with confidence.

By the way, I'm super excited for this new Rosetta album.

I've ordered from them numerous times over the years and never had one issue. I actually ordered a record last week and received it yesterday. I would order with confidence.

By the way, I'm super excited for this new Rosetta album.

I'm 99.9% that you told me to create a PP address  "TranslationLossSucks@domain" and they would send me a bunch of free stuff!! -- you know, like "Primus Sucks"   You yanked me didn't you. SOB. Going to change my PP addy for this Rosetta PO.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...