RSD Stuff at Cost For You

chutterhanban

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I've been reading this more and more on the boards lately. New members having us all figured out after just a week of registration.

I'm not going to lie, there is a certain type of personality that gravitates to this board. With that said, If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen as grandma always said. 

It's like any other place in the world, if you can't play by the rules, then you will not be received well. Also, I don't feel like it's very hard to do such a thing around here.

Also, why are people taking things so personally?! It's a forum! Grab a beer, read some threads about new vinyl, listen to some whining come from dreamover, then buy something and call it a day.

Stay frosty my friends, and deal with the "elitists" that we are. God knows we aren't gonna change.

Also, 

Never buy a crosley. 

I'm not going to lie, there is a certain type of personality that gravitates to this board. With that said, If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen as grandma always said. 

It's like any other place in the world, if you can't play by the rules, then you will not be received well. Also, I don't feel like it's very hard to do such a thing around here.

Also, why are people taking things so personally?! It's a forum! Grab a beer, read some threads about new vinyl, listen to some whining come from dreamover, then buy something and call it a day.

Stay frosty my friends, and deal with the "elitists" that we are. God knows we aren't gonna change.

Also, 

Never buy a crosley. 

I have no idea who you are but I like you.  Simply refreshing to see a new member grasp basic principles right out of the gates.  Everyone's a newbie at some point; the biggest differential is how you present yourself and what you post.  I've noticed plenty of new users with < 200 posts who are contributing to threads and discussions, helping other members, and creating threads in the proper boards.  And on the opposite side of the token, there are a few individuals with 600+ posts who still don't have the boards figured out.  Got to love the variety.

I am sure if she was the one selling, an avatar and posting activity would not matter. Good times, good thread.

i like the fact the OP had made those rules and stated his reasoning. down to the point, he's still being generous when he could have sold them elsewhere for higher.

i did a contest years ago. newbs werent allowed to enter. think im going to give a record to some twat with one post just joining to get a free record? guess again.

Is this girl really trying to use her gender to get people to "ease up" on her?

Super cool of chutterhanban to do something like this for members. There's tons of people who just use this board for deals, and that's fine I suppose, but I see nothing wrong with doing things for people who are a true part of this community.

Also, I'll say every board has issues with elitism. Vinyl Collective might be the least of these. People are really cool here if you don't act like the world owes you a favor, and look around before you post something. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/767696206578853?ref=bookmark there you go I am definitely not a newb. You guys are a bunch of elitists who think you're better than other people that's not what music is about. I've ran my group for a long time and we don't deal with people like you.

Your e-penis is freaking huge... and you're a girl? Welcome to VC, Miss 2,000,000,000 Members FB Record Club Lady.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/767696206578853?ref=bookmark there you go I am definitely not a newb. You guys are a bunch of elitists who think you're better than other people that's not what music is about. I've ran my group for a long time and we don't deal with people like you.

I'm not saying you're a newb to vinyl or anything like that. The real deal is this: The only thing accountability keeping people from mistreating/cheating each other on this board is your reputation... on this board. You may have awesome rep somewhere else (and that actually does go a long way in a regular sale--there are people with credibility on DF/Discogs/Ebay/etc. that automatically get a leg up), but, like I said, this isn't just a normal sale thread where I'm being protected by someone's reputation being on the line. I'm doing a favor to my fellow brothers and sisters of VC. I didn't post this on DeadFormat or Discogs or Facebook (vinyl communities in which I'm also active) because this was the community I bought them for. I buy things for my family, and just because you have a great one, too, doesn't mean you're a part of mine. That being said, VC is an incredibly open family in the world of message boards. I was once new and so was everyone else here. Join us. Trust me, I'll have your back any chance I have to.

Is this girl really trying to use her gender to get people to "ease up" on her?

Super cool of chutterhanban to do something like this for members. There's tons of people who just use this board for deals, and that's fine I suppose, but I see nothing wrong with doing things for people who are a true part of this community.

Also, I'll say every board has issues with elitism. Vinyl Collective might be the least of these. People are really cool here if you don't act like the world owes you a favor, and look around before you post something. 

Whatever you say about him, Dreamover is such an integral part of VC. :)

Was part of this group for a short time. Tried selling some rarer records and was told by many people that the records I was selling would never sell for what I was asking (below what they go for) because they got it when it was in stock for retail price. Everyone in that group has little to no knowledge about vinyl at all. Get outta here!

i know im new but everyone here is really nice. the only other board i frequent is the e6townhall and its cool there now but there were times where i felt like i was being attacked. anyway i like you guys and if anyone ever needs something and i see it at my record store ill gladly help ya.

Similar to this kid (no offense on age, I'm on mobile and didn't look at gender), I'm fairly new. I've lurked for about a year but everyone I've dealt with is rad. I was able to help some with rsd releases. I see no reason for this sell being reserved for establish members. Just my two cents on the issue.

Similar to this kid (no offense on age, I'm on mobile and didn't look at gender), I'm fairly new. I've lurked for about a year but everyone I've dealt with is rad. I was able to help some with rsd releases. I see no reason for this sell being reserved for establish members. Just my two cents on the issue.

I think it's just an issue of somebody with less credit here being more likely to fuck off with somebody's money or records than somebody who's been around for a while. 

I probably wouldn't want to sell to someone with a low post count or shitty rep. 

haha none taken.  I'm 23 so not really a kid but I don't feel like an adult.  I agree but I think maybe the person can't have had an account for like a day cause I would be suspicious.  I'd be more sketched buying from someone new than selling though.