PO/Kickstarter: Ultimate Fakebook - This Will Be Laughing Week

see, i figured that there was a chance some douchenozzle would make a comment like that, but i figured you had been around long enough to not be that guy.

as i mentioned in my post, i want as many people to have this record as possible. my issue is that i pledged so much money for something unique, that is now less unique. when i am paying a premium based on scarcity, it is lame to then change that scarcity without the price reflecting the change.

so thanks for being mature about the situation, and giving a concise point of view that contributes.

fair enough. as long as you admit your bias, i dont have an issue with that. still wish you didnt call me out for a reasonable point that i brought up, but this is the internet. 

i truly hope this gets funded, as one of the best shows i ever saw in my life was these guys and nada surf in a living room in las vegas.

Hi all, It's Colby from Rocket Heart Records. Had to dust off an old Vinyl Collective username.

First thanks for all the support and enthusiasm. We are staying really optimistic even though we still have about $10K left to go in a little over a month. Tell your friends! 

To settle the Great Test Pressing Debate of 2014. The number of total test pressings has always been 10. With 4 originally going to Kickstarter and the other 6 going to the label. To try and get a bump in pledges we changed the amount of Kickstarter pressings to 9, with the 1 other pressing going to my collection. Still very rare, with the chance to own 1 of 10. 

Again, thank you for your support, and if you haven't done so, think of everyone you went to see UFB with, and get them to pledge $15, $20, or more! There has to be more than 83 UFB fans out there!

Hi all, It's Colby from Rocket Heart Records. Had to dust off an old Vinyl Collective username.

First thanks for all the support and enthusiasm. We are staying really optimistic even though we still have about $10K left to go in a little over a month. Tell your friends! 

To settle the Great Test Pressing Debate of 2014. The number of total test pressings has always been 10. With 4 originally going to Kickstarter and the other 6 going to the label. To try and get a bump in pledges we changed the amount of Kickstarter pressings to 9, with the 1 other pressing going to my collection. Still very rare, with the chance to own 1 of 10. 

Again, thank you for your support, and if you haven't done so, think of everyone you went to see UFB with, and get them to pledge $15, $20, or more! There has to be more than 83 UFB fans out there!

really appreciate the explanation! good luck, and lets hope this hits the goal. record needs to be pressed for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

a new $200 pledge reward has been put up 

Brokÿn Nëedle Crew Member Package! Limited edition Brokÿn Nëedle Crew member shirt, Tour Laminate, and Brokÿn Nëedle custom slap bracelet. Plus everything included in the $100 reward. Your name included on the insert, This Will Be Laughing Week on Black vinyl, Coke Bottle Clear vinyl, Electric Kissing Parties on Black vinyl, plus a Screen printed, hand-numbered Ultimate Fakebook poster.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that the label is planning to try this again, but does anyone have any ideas of things they could have done to entice more people to contribute higher dollar amounts?  I see a lot of wacky Kickstarters with a lot of wacky prizes...do people actually go for that?  I completely did not understand the Brokyn Needle Crew thing and was and wondered if some other high end items might have got people kickstarting.