Supply vs. Demand: How much are you willing to pay?

Oh right, this is a children's message board.

lmao dude only children try to reduce things to problem vs solution. what exactly is the problem? that YOU'RE paying too much for records (bc the only thing that decides that is how much you have, not what the label is actually charging, since it's totally subjective and a bunch of records is way less than a key of cocaine you don't intend to sell or even a couple oz's of weed). i only use drugs because its probably the most absurd example of cost/production vs what people will pay. 

you are acting delusional and self entitled. buy the records, don't buy the records, nobody cares, just don't make it about "fighting the good fight" and try and push it all on us. everybody who buys records deals with this problem. everybody who buys records second hand deal with it even more. people who have a lot of money don't think twice about it because record collecting is still way less ridiculous than most forms of 'collecting' which is itself a narcissistic and non-returning pursuit in most ways. 

if you want to be a part of the 'solution' go donate to a charity or try to give something back instead of bitching on a message board and calling people children and WORSE YET thinking you are making anything other than an extremely childish point. just look at the responses you got. it is because this board isn't filled with children that you don't have 2 pages of "DUDE. SO true. From now on, I'm not paying over $20 for a record). 

pretty funny that you just flippantly set this precedent when I'd be willing to bet money it won't last for over a month. and if $20 is the be all end all cut off point why are you buying records anyway? people are so self absorbed that they make *buying records* an ethical and moral question in need of solution and activism and anybody who has any sense of how things in the world *work* even if when we don't like how they work is going to laugh you out of the room because all you're doing anyway is indulging yourself. 

we're all part of the problem and the problem is a lot bigger than record collecting or RSD. get over yourself. 

if you want to be a part of the 'solution' go donate to a charity or try to give something back instead of bitching on a message board and calling people children and WORSE YET thinking you are making anything other than an extremely childish point. just look at the responses you got. it is because this board isn't filled with children that you don't have 2 pages of "DUDE. SO true. From now on, I'm not paying over $20 for a record). 

If he wants to be part of the solution, he should start a record label and sell them for <$20.

Holy shit, you may have just broke VC.

i do it too lol, it's like anything uselessly wonderful, you have to respect what it is instead of turning it into a pedestal to flaunt your frustrations or world view because it's easy to do and we all do it. pretty pointless of me to post since everyone has said this all before, i was just overwhelmed by the stupidity of OP because setting arbitrary standards that only apply to you and thinking it does anything except make you feel better about yourself is a joke. 

edit: amnstypls's response summed it up much better than i did anyway, much more appropriate. 

this declaration is pointless. I've seen records that are priced extremely high and they just don't sell. this keeps the balance. labels would rather make a smaller profit and move their inventory quickly than price a single LP at 30 dollars and have it sit there in their warehouse/office for 6 months.

don't spend more than 20. no one really cares. you're trying to protest against something you like. kind of ironic, don't you think?