So.. Who is Zay Zay really? (Why are threads being locked?)

I locked them. Got hit w/ a dozen reports so far on them. As entertaining they may be, and I have jumped in myself on a few, they are pointless. I have no idea if they're being created by Zayzay to brag, troll us, or just due to lack of online etiquette and common sense. 

Alright, I haven't been on VC long enough to really point fingers but in my short time here one name in particular keeps popping up, Zay Zay... Is he a real guy that works as a key holder in Hot Topic as he claims? Is he a huge troll that actually adds up to nothing he claims to be in real life? Or is he one of the long time VC members trying to spice things up a bit? I think its time to find out, I haven't exactly been here long enough to make an educated guess's, but he could be any one of us, even me.. O.o

I guess why you locked the threads makes sense from a logical standpoint, Juan. I was just confused because it seemed like technically no forum rules were being broken, so I'm not really sure why they were locked in the first place. I guess it's just an issue around censorship, if a few threads gets locked today, what's to stop admins from locking all the threads they don't want being discussed tomorrow. Just food for thought though.

It's not even like he's obsessing over a good band. And there've been more than a few instances that suggest the kid is a complete troll.

Even if he is a troll, it's not like he's spewing hate speech or racist comments like we've had in the past. People just find him annoying, and have no problem voicing that opinion, but I don't really see that as grounds for locking every thread he comes into.

I guess why you locked the threads makes sense from a logical standpoint, Juan. I was just confused because it seemed like technically no forum rules were being broken, so I'm not really sure why they were locked in the first place. I guess it's just an issue around censorship, if a few threads gets locked today, what's to stop admins from locking all the threads they don't want being discussed tomorrow. Just food for thought though.

The threads are being locked because no information is being exchanged anymore and it turns into a shit storm of insults and nonsense.

The threads are being locked because no information is being exchanged anymore and it turns into a shit storm of insults and nonsense.

Essentially this. And it's not a matter of censorship that is happening now or down the road. 

My job is to obviously monitor the boards but also make judgement call such as this. If threads are being created with the obvious purpose to troll and instigate, then they, along w/ the OP, will be dealt with. In the extreme cases, we've seen threads just spin out of control with abuse and insults and bullying. 

Even if he is a troll, it's not like he's spewing hate speech or racist comments like we've had in the past. People just find him annoying, and have no problem voicing that opinion, but I don't really see that as grounds for locking every thread he comes into.

Because it turns into a Paramore loving shitstorm when he comes around. I'm a fan of them too but I don't feel the need to needless flaunt my "impressive" collection. God forbid anyone disagrees with him...