REM Unplugged RSD 2014 - Pay stupid EBAY prices or wait...........?

Does anyone here think the live REM album will be pressed again every or should I bite the bullet?  I got everything I had on my RSD '14 list between the stores on the 19th and the online stores the following few days (Thanks for all the heads ups, guys!).

The REM vinyl and the Cake set however were the 2 I were really after.   I know they released more Cake through the bands website and I missed out on those too but at least it seems like there is hope for an eventual re-press.

So what do you guys think??

It probably won't be repressed imho but if you wait 6 months or a year the price will come way down. That seems to be the formula with all this RSD stuff - there's a big scramble for it, then in a little while everyone moves on to something else and some guy always has a copy he just wants to move cheaply.

It probably won't be repressed imho but if you wait 6 months or a year the price will come way down. That seems to be the formula with all this RSD stuff - there's a big scramble for it, then in a little while everyone moves on to something else and some guy always has a copy he just wants to move cheaply.

I agree.

Exactly.

Doesn't sound like it's going to get repressed... From REM's Facebook Page: 

We knew that UNPLUGGED would be a limited edition-- 2,500 were pressed and while that is a relatively small number, it was an honest estimate by people who sell (or try to sell) albums every day-- perhaps the crystal ball was a little "off" on this one. For that I apologize and assure you it was no one's intent or desire to frustrate people-- I hope most people understand that. Just like none of us enjoyed the fact that tickets were scalped on R.E.M. tours, the E-bay phenomenon on this and other rare records is a drag. 

Let me add two other aspects that might provide some perspective: R.E.M.'s UNPLUGGED set is being released a month from today--May 20th, on CD and iTunes and other digital outlets. Same music, cool packaging, and plenty of copies in the popular digital formats of recent decades! So there's that. And if it is R.E.M.vinyl you crave, and classic songs from all phases of the band's career, you can probably still find one of the best underknown and underappreciated gems of the entire R.E.M. canon: LIVE AT THE OLYMPIA. It is 4 LPs (or 2 CDs) of all the songs recorded the first week of July, 2007-- Jacknife Lee and team made the recordings into a powerful live record and for whatever reason that one never got much notice-- so check it out if you haven't already. Meanwhile, enjoy MTV UNPLUGGED whether you got it yesterday or will next month or on a web foray whenever that happens-- it is good music and fun to share with the world. 

Happy Easter,

Bertis

The RSD list said there were 1000 of these not 2,500. Was that 2,500 split up internationally with 1000 going to the U.S or is one of those numbers just wrong? This was one of the items high on my list that had me camping out front of my store for 8 hours before they opened (not complaining that aspect is one of the most enjoyable of RSD for me) but my store didn't get a single one. Seems like a mistake to print so few of these, I feel like they could have easily sold 6 - 8K of this title. I don't know what the logic behind some of these small numbers are and who benefits from it other than the flippers.

The RSD list said there were 1000 of these not 2,500. Was that 2,500 split up internationally with 1000 going to the U.S or is one of those numbers just wrong? This was one of the items high on my list that had me camping out front of my store for 8 hours before they opened (not complaining that aspect is one of the most enjoyable of RSD for me) but my store didn't get a single one. Seems like a mistake to print so few of these, I feel like they could have easily sold 6 - 8K of this title. I don't know what the logic behind some of these small numbers are and who benefits from it other than the flippers.

Yeah, 1k in the us and 1.5 for Europe

I'm really hoping the demand for this goes down. It was the one thing I really wanted this year. The three stores I went to staggered their opening hours, so I thought I had a great chance...

The first store I went to sold the two copies they got in while I was in line (about 20th)

The second store, I was the 6th person in. Asked the clerk where it was, he said 'we didn't get it' I look around, don't find anything (strangely found very few RSD releases at this store), a couple days ago, I ask them via twitter if they have a copy or if one showed up. I'm informed it was one of the first things sold that day. by some unfortunate circumstance, I never noticed anyone with a copy... BUT a couple copies were up on eBay the night before with the seller location 'Kansas City' I'm sure this is simply coincidence (/sarcasm) this store's bread and butter is their eBay storefront, not the brick and mortar.

third store - I am 4th in line. Go in, ask my friend who works there where it is. he said they didn't get all of their order shipped to them, and it might show up Saturday afternoon or Monday. He said if they keep the order and there's a copy, it's mine. I call him on Tuesday. He informs me that the case did show up, but they refused it and sent it back. 

the search continues...