What Bands Sell Vinyl at Concerts?

corbet

Guest scriptedrain

Anyone know if Bright Eyes brings vinyl along on tour? I'm seeing them on November 3rd. I'm also seeing P.O.S. on November 10th, and I'm sure he'll have something on wax as usual.

- Jeff

well let's put it that way

1. If it's pretty limited there's a chance it's sold out if you wait until the end... Bands usually sell only so many of their merch each night

2. If you get it at the beginning then you spend the whole show watching out for your record so it doesn't get warped, etc.

Yeah, at sxsw this year I bought the tour-only Daughters - Hell Songs LP with the screened cover, then we walked straight from the venue where the HH showcase was to the Jade Tree showcase to see These Arms Are Snakes. I didn't have anywhere to stash the record, so I had to just protect it the best that I could. But considering the fact that everyone in the club went batshit crazy as soon as TAAS dropped the first note, it came out of the show with a few creases in the cover. But it didn't really matter because that was seriously one of the best shows I've ever seen.