Help with Taking the Next Step (1 Year into Collecting)

Hey guys!

So I've been collecting records for about a year now. I started off buying records that mean a lot to me and then branched out into new releases, random finds when digging, etc. I bought a Pioneer PL-12 turntable and inherited my fathers receiver and Bose speakers. Since then I've turned into an avid collector and love the hobby as a whole. 

Now, I'm really wanting to take the next step and get better equipment to get the best sound out of my records as I possibly can. I'm planning on buying a Spin Clean record cleaner to clean the 200+ records my uncle gave me from the 70's, 80's and 90's and have been looking into investing in an equalizer as well. I'm not quite sure where to begin with this venture or if it's even worth it. I'd love to get your opinions on it. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about the EQ either. If you have some extra money to spend, make sure your cartridge is great and if not, think about upgrading it, then consider upgrades to the speakers and/or receiver. If you get a great set up with basic but high quality components, you don't really need to mess with EQ.

What kind of receiver do you have? I also agree with looking into upgrading the cartridge depending on what you have now. Also if you can spend an extra hundred, maybe look into the KAB-EV1 for cleaning your records. I've had one for a month now and truly love it. Does an amazing job of making those dusty old records sound near mint in most cases.