PO soon: Knapsack Reissues (australia only?)

Bummed Silver Sweepstakes on silver is only available through the box set...it would have looked perfect next to my olive Day Three and aqua This Conversation. :/

Serious question: what would you do? Create a dining room table center piece so you and your guests can compare all three side by side as you enjoy a meal together?

Part two: does anyone seriously pull out say three albums at once to look at the colors in relation to the Art? I am seriously out of touch with the hobby side. I get liking certain colors and all but this is a leap beyond that. Please share.

(And solid pricing for a euro release. Well done)

Jfyi: the albums are being re-mastered for vinyl.

Which only means they have to make new stampers and plates....it's not going to sound dramatically different.....which is why they didn't make a huge deal about the remaster, nobody else should either

Unless a release says remastered from the original tapes or remixed and mastered from the original tapes...please don't buy into the hype

Which only means they have to make new stampers and plates....it's not going to sound dramatically different.....which is why they didn't make a huge deal about the remaster, nobody else should either

Unless a release says remastered from the original tapes or remixed and mastered from the original tapes...please don't buy into the hype

Hm, how do you come to that conclusion that mastering means making new stampers and plates? This is definitely not correct. One has literally nothing to do with the other. The music is being re-mastered at a mastering studio. I am running the label, and we pay for each minute of the music for being re-mastered especially for this vinyl re-press so the people purchasing the album have a better sound quality. It has nothing to do with a hype, and noone has to pay extra for the mastering except for us, the label - which is a pleasure for us to do because we wantr to release high quality records.

So what exactly is your problem?

No issue with you.....my issue comes with kids thinking they're going to have this insanely new aural experience when the "Remastered" appears on an album (Digital or LP), the mastering process itself is there to smooth out the overall tone and EQ of a record as well as keeping the an even loudness between the loud parts and an even quietness in th quiet parts (compression)....in the end a great masterig job should be transparent and damn near undetectable as mastering.

Mastering for vinyl, especially this day in age, I get the feeling means for labels to obtain a digital master and have plates and stampers made from that whic isn't properly utilizing the format

My issue at the end of the day is with ill-informed kids (Saves The Day--Through Being Cool and their "remaster").

Stoked as hell on these re-issues

(If these turn out half as nice as the Walking Concert release, then I'm quite excited)

No issue with you.....my issue comes with kids thinking they're going to have this insanely new aural experience when the "Remastered" appears on an album (Digital or LP), the mastering process itself is there to smooth out the overall tone and EQ of a record as well as keeping the an even loudness between the loud parts and an even quietness in th quiet parts (compression)....in the end a great masterig job should be transparent and damn near undetectable as mastering.

Mastering for vinyl, especially this day in age, I get the feeling means for labels to obtain a digital master and have plates and stampers made from that whic isn't properly utilizing the format

My issue at the end of the day is with ill-informed kids (Saves The Day--Through Being Cool and their "remaster").

Stoked as hell on these re-issues

(If these turn out half as nice as the Walking Concert release, then I'm quite excited)

I know what mastering is and how it works - and how important it is.

What you have written about our mastering process above is not correct, that's why I feel a little offended. How do you know what the results of our re-mastering will sound like? I get the feeling you judge a label's work on basis of a feeling you get. That's weird, because your feeling has obviously nothing to do with us and how we deal with things. We don't re-master all albums we re-release, but some of them if it makes the album sound way better.

Thanks for the kind words, we highly appreciate it!

Serious question: what would you do? Create a dining room table center piece so you and your guests can compare all three side by side as you enjoy a meal together?

Part two: does anyone seriously pull out say three albums at once to look at the colors in relation to the Art? I am seriously out of touch with the hobby side. I get liking certain colors and all but this is a leap beyond that. Please share.

(And solid pricing for a euro release. Well done)

Haha! Nah, they'd sit on my shelf until I'd want to listen to one, but knowing that they all have solid colored vinyl that matches the cover art would feel nice in my brain.

I just prefer to have a "matching set" from an artist if I can. Kind of a compulsive thing.

Also, for whatever reason, I get more anxious about surface noise on marbled records vs. solid colored. I donno.

I know what mastering is and how it works - and how important it is.

What you have written about our mastering process above is not correct, that's why I feel a little offended. How do you know what the results of our re-mastering will sound like? I get the feeling you judge a label's work on basis of a feeling you get. That's weird, because your feeling has obviously nothing to do with us and how we deal with things. We don't re-master all albums we re-release, but some of them if it makes the album sound way better.

Thanks for the kind words, we highly appreciate it!

I'm quite confident in my basic understandings of the mastering process....11 years of researching the subject and having one on one conversations regarding the process with engineers and producers has helped. Though I may only be a hobbyist as far as recording is concerned, I am quite well read on the subject. That said, I'd love to sit and chat with your mastering engineer on what all is getting cleaned up on these albums. I've yet to have the opportunity to sit in on a mastering session, I'd love to do that soon.

Again, really looking forward to this release immensely

If this was any label other than Arctic Rodeo, I'd hold out for a US press. But I love these guys for being J Robbins nerds like me so I'm ordering the box without putting too much thought into it.

Guess I can sell my sealed original of Silver Sweepstakes, eh? Think I got the last one from Alias back when they were still selling the remnants of their stock!

• 3 weeks later...