PO: SLINT Spiderland Remastered LP (non-box set, colored version available)

I played both the Weston and the Golden cut back to back last night. And I really don't think there was much, if any, noticeable difference between them. Maybe some slight EQ differences, but neither sounded better than the other. Both sounded great. Great package, and looking forward to the doc.

Despite T&G best effort with good packaging, my cover got a nasty dent that looks terrible, especially on the back cover.

Haha, care to elaborate on this?  I haven't even been looking at the aftermarket, but this statement has me intrigued.

When I added it to my discogs collection, the cheapest one was $80. Basically what I am trying to say is that people who bought this limited variant to flip it, are most likely scratching their head saying, "I should probably keep this, because it's so fucking amazing." And if not, fuck them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...
44 minutes ago, ParallelofDeath said:

For anyone who has been able to compare, which is better, the original or the remaster?

They both have their own qualities.

Funny enough, a friend reached out today asking if I still wrote & kept up with my records blog, and prompted me to revisit a few old posts. One of which was about the Spiderland remaster. 

https://theystillpressvinyl.wordpress.com/2014/07/03/an-open-letter-to-slints-spiderland/

11 hours ago, jhulud said:

They both have their own qualities.

Funny enough, a friend reached out today asking if I still wrote & kept up with my records blog, and prompted me to revisit a few old posts. One of which was about the Spiderland remaster. 

https://theystillpressvinyl.wordpress.com/2014/07/03/an-open-letter-to-slints-spiderland/

Great write up, Juan. Might have to grab a remaster. I just have the original mix (2004 pressing).