PO: SLINT Spiderland Remastered LP (non-box set, colored version available)

http://store.touchandgorecords.com/products/slint-spiderland-remastered

All 3,138 copies of the Slint Spiderland (remastered) Box Set were sold out long before the release date of April 15th, before receiving a perfect "10" on Pitchfork, and before the 5-star review in the May issue of Mojo. Ever since early March, when we turned off the ability to pre-order the box set from our web site, the Touch and Go inbox has been overflowing with requests that they release a more modest version for those who missed out on, or could not afford, the limited edition box set.

In response, Slint are very excited to announce the June 24th release of Spiderland (remastered) as a single 180 gram LP + DVD (of the documentary Breadcrumb Trail), as a single CD + DVD, and as a digital album.  AND!!! For those who crave something just a bit more unique, Touch and Go will also be offering a limited edition GREEN & BLACK SWIRL 180 gram vinyl LP of Spiderland (remastered) + DVD, exclusively via pre-order at the Touch and Go Records website (while supplies last) HERE.  

The vinyl format includes:

- Slint's 1991 album, Spiderland, remastered from the original analog master tapes by Bob Weston at Chicago Mastering Service. This is the same version as was included in the Spiderland (remastered) Box Set.

- Breadcrumb Trail, the 90 minute DVD documentary about Slint before, during, and after the making of Spiderland, previously included in the Spiderland (remastered) Box Set, and directed by Lance Bangs.

- A download coupon for the entire Spiderland (remastered) album plus 14 bonus outtakes and demos personally selected by Slint and mastered by Bob Weston. These are digital files of the same versions of these songs as were included on vinyl & CD in the Spiderland (remastered) Box Set.

- LP pressed on 180 gram vinyl (black & green swirl version available only via pre-order from the Touch and Go Records web store) press in the USA at RTI

- Packaged in a heavy weight "tip-on" gatefold LP jacket with a large format, glued-in, 12 page book of photos including a foreword by Will Oldham and printed in the USA at Stoughton

- Packaging concept and design by Louisville native Jeremy deVine (of Temporary Residence fame)

The CD format includes:

- Slint's 1991 album, Spiderland, remastered from the original analog master tapes by our friend Bob Weston at Chicago Mastering Service. This is the same version as was included in the Spiderland (remastered) Box Set.

- Breadcrumb Trail, the 90 minute DVD documentary about Slint before, during, and after the making of Spiderland, previously included in the Spiderland (remastered) Box Set, and directed by Lance Bangs.

- A download coupon ONLY for the 14 bonus outtakes and demos personally selected by Slint and mastered by Bob Weston. These are digital files of the same versions of these songs as were included on vinyl & CD in the Spiderland (remastered) Box Set.

- CD pressed on 1.2mm polycarbonate plastic

- Packaged in a heavy weight "tip-on" gatefold CD jacket with glued-in, 20 page book of photos including a foreword by Will Oldham and printed in the USA at Stoughton

- Packaging concept and design by Louisville native Jeremy deVine (of Temporary Residence fame)

The digital album will include:

- Slint's 1991 album, Spiderland, remastered from the original analog master tapes by our friend Bob Weston at Chicago Mastering Service. This is the same version as was included in the Spiderland (remastered) Box Set.

-The 14 bonus outtakes and demos personally selected by Slint and mastered by Bob Weston. These are digital files of the same versions of these songs as were included on vinyl & CD in the Spiderland (remastered) Box Set.

While the sold out box set included 180 gram vinyl plus CD versions of the bonus songs as well as a 108 page coffee table book, these new single disc (+ DVD) packages still include all 20 songs in a more affordable format, providing a less expensive alternative to finding a box set on Discogs or Ebay.

You can check out the contents of the now SOLD OUT box set HERE

Pre-order your copy of Slint Spiderland (remastered) HERE

BUT. I still do not regret getting the box set.

Same! Just got around to watching Breadcrumb Trail last night and it made me very, very happy.

A lot of times when albums get remastered, I can't really tell the difference. Not this one. It sounds incredible. I'm hearing background vocals I've never heard before. It's a great thing to feel like you're hearing your favorite album for the first time again.

Sooo...how does the remastering sound? I grew up in the era of the Slint mystery so part of the charm is the lo-fi nature of the record. In the mid-90s this record was in every indie dollar bin I came across and to see the fervor over it today is crazy to me. Curiosity will likely get this cat to now shell out $30 since there was no way in hell I was touching the $150 level. 

i have somehow never listened to this and went with the blind buy. very excited for the package based off the description and excited for the music based off everything i have ever heard about it.

It's without a doubt the best fucking thing ever recorded, no hyperbole.

Honestly, I wish they would have announced this at the same time as the box. The box is cool but I definitely would have rather saved myself $100+ and bought this. If this whole thing didn't scream money grab before (yeah right), it definitely does now. Glad everyone else can get what they want though.

Shipping was $9 and change for me, but even at $36 PPD... for a limited 180 gram variant, beefy jacket, DVD, 12 page booklet, and digital download code, I feel like I can't complain.  Like a lot of people in this thread, I can't deny my love for Spiderland, but that boxset was just a little too rich for my blood.  Really cool of them to do this, assuming it was a result of the box selling out like the original post states.

I'm having a hard time believing they were able to get rid of 3,000 box sets for that price. Maybe I'm just dumb/naive.

Edit: I know I'm a sucker and bought the box set, but seeing Touch and Go release a nearly $30 record makes me sad. I'm always more than happy to support the dudes from Slint but damn, now that my head is out of my ass due to the excitement of the box, this stuff is starting to annoy me. I'll stand by my statement from the last thread and say they deserve the money over pricks like Third Eye Blind though.