Soon: Wolves in the Throne Room - Celestite

From the band's Facebook page:

Here is some more information about Celestite, the instrumental, experimental companion record to 2011's Celestial Lineage. Celestite sees the band take a deeper excursion into the crystalline synthesizer-driven domains that have long intrigued them. With the aid of producer Randall Dunn, the band unearthed a hidden soundscape that is only loosely tethered to their familiar sound, yet is still unmistakably the work of Wolves in the Throne Room. We are pleased to confirm the North American release date for Celestite as July 8th 2014, marking the maiden release on the band's new label, Artemisia Records, which will be their outlet for future recordings.

The cover art and track listing for the album have now been revealed.

Celestite track listing:

1. Turning Ever Towards The Sun
2. Initiation at Neudeg Alm
2. Bridge of Leaves
4. Celestite Mirror
5. Sleeping Golden Storm

10260001_10152105622131134_6124614936778

Additional information on the creation of the album as well as audio samples will be released in the coming weeks.

Wolves in the Throne Room will also return to the road this Summer in conjunction with the release of Celestite, with a run of West Coast North American July tour dates just announced.

Wolves in the Throne Room Tour Dates:

7/11/2014 Olympia, WA - Capitol Theatre Backstage
7/12/2014 Bellingham, WA - The Shakedown
7/13/2014 Vanouver, BC - VENUE
7/14/2014 Seattle, WA - The Crocodile
7/15/2014 Portland, OR - Star Theater Portland
7/17/2013 San Fransisco, CA - Slim's
7/18/2014 Santa Cruz, CA - Catalyst Atrium
7/19/2014 San Diego, CA - Ché Café Collective
7/20/2014 Los Angeles, CA - Echoplex

Never gave this band my full attention, really. 

Still really need to give the band a proper listen, but I've been telling myself that for years. 

If I may, as someone who's listened to their discography quite a bit, recommend Two Hunters. I believe it to be their best work. Just so many damn feels on that album. I Will Lay Down My Bones is one of the best "extensive" songs I think I've ever heard. 

If I may, as someone who's listened to their discography quite a bit, recommend Two Hunters. I believe it to be their best work. Just so many damn feels on that album. I Will Lay Down My Bones is one of the best "extensive" songs I think I've ever heard. 

I agree.   I think Two Hunters is their best release, but I've enjoyed them all quite a bit (with the exception of maybe Black Cascades, that's a bit of a weak link).

• 4 weeks later...