Ghostbusters 10"

If you're like me, and were bummed that you weren't able to score the RSD Ghostbusters 10", there is good news.  SoundStageDirect has a preorder up for this for $16.99.  I called them to see if this was a mistake, but they said it really is a preorder for the next batch of them, coming in June.  They said these will be just like the RSD version, except they won't be numbered.  So, unless you really care about the number, you can get one without paying the RIDICULOUS eBay prices.  Frankly, I hope this puts a little bit of a damper on the flippers' fun.

Is this thread necessary?

Not really. Anyone on these boards who was interested in this release is already aware of the repress. With that being said this thread is also harmless so just let it be and hope it doesn't escalate into chaos.

PS: link to the PO https://www.soundstagedirect.com/cgi/sc/ss_mb.cgi?storeid=*10aaa248a916d2410f53&ss_parm=Aad27e79321e083438bf8561987ab3a6e

BUT WILL IT BE GLOW IN THE DARK???

If you're like me, and were bummed that you weren't able to score the RSD Ghostbusters 10", there is good news.  SoundStageDirect has a preorder up for this for $16.99.  I called them to see if this was a mistake, but they said it really is a preorder for the next batch of them, coming in June.  They said these will be just like the RSD version, except they won't be numbered.  So, unless you really care about the number, you can get one without paying the RIDICULOUS eBay prices.  Frankly, I hope this puts a little bit of a damper on the flippers' fun.

No clue why these were such the big fn rage

Me neither I mean yea, I went to youtube to relive the song... I even thought about the awesome all star cast, but would I groove to this?! I did think about spinning it with my son someday after watching the movie on some random movie night, but... Maybe he'd think I was out of my mind haha

I'm so over this whole flip-police mentality... Every collecting scene has flippers and it will always be this way, forever and ever get over it, just buy the record 

I think part of the outrage is that people cannot buy the record.

And if there will always be flippers, there will always be vocal flipper haters. Get over it.

No clue why these were such the big fn rage

It's a neat, nostalgic novelty and it glows in the dark.

I would have to  be fricking drunk to pay 16.99 for a record with one song and 3 remixes , just because it glows in the dark. I really don't get it. I mean, I spent a short time in the 80s, I loved the movie, but damn. Out of all the things for sale at RSD this was one of the biggest deals? Asinine! Asinine! I paid that much for my proton pack when I was a kid. Nostalgic or not, these things should be $10 bucks! Asinine! Rainbow fart frompy wizard pants!

I would have to be fricking drunk to pay 16.99 for a record with one song and 3 remixes , just because it glows in the dark. I really don't get it. I mean, I spent a short time in the 80s, I loved the movie, but damn. Out of all the things for sale at RSD this was one of the biggest deals? Asinine! Asinine! I paid that much for my proton pack when I was a kid. Nostalgic or not, these things should be $10 bucks! Asinine! Rainbow fart frompy wizard pants!

People who don't collect vinyl probably think it's asinine to pay more than $9.99 for an albums worth of music. There are people out there that collect Ghostbusters memorabilia and also people that don't value $16.99 as much as you.

That being said, I didn't buy this either because I have no need for it.

Not really. Anyone on these boards who was interested in this release is already aware of the repress. With that being said this thread is also harmless so just let it be and hope it doesn't escalate into chaos.

PS: link to the PO https://www.soundstagedirect.com/cgi/sc/ss_mb.cgi?storeid=*10aaa248a916d2410f53&ss_parm=Aad27e79321e083438bf8561987ab3a6e

This site is funny.  Even the moderators are douches.  I thought I was being nice, posting info that I figured some folks might find interesting.  If everyone on this forum already knows about every upcoming release, why does it even exist?  Or does it just exist so guys can make snarky comments about other vinyl enthusiasts?

I'm gonna have to say no to this Rambo. I was aware of this RSD release, but this thread made me aware of the repress. Am I going to buy it? No. But without this thread I wouldn;t have been able to tell some friends of mine about it. You may be a mod, but you don't speak for everybody. Excuse our ignorance.