Paul Baribeau - Grand Ledge & S/T - PO from No Idea

PRE-ORDER from NO IDEA:

http://store.noidearecords.com/collections/new-on-no-idea/products/paulbaribeaugrandledge (GL)

http://store.noidearecords.com/collections/new-on-no-idea/products/paulbaribeaupaulbaribeau (S/T)

PAUL BARIBEAU "Grand Ledge" LP ($10.00) (NIR-335)

• PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER! It will be out in MAY. If you'd like to order other records too, please make sure to place a SEPARATE ORDER for PB "GL" — otherwise your entire order will wait to ship. THANKS!!

• The LP comes on 250 BUBBLEGUM PINK vinyl & 300 BLACK vinyl. If you have a color preference, just let us know in the comments section when you check out! Thanks!

Troubadour extraordinaire PAUL BARIBEAU breaks the chains that bind and unleashes a mind-melting hardcore blast of fury and bile! Okay, maybe that's taking it a little far, but there are definitely nine songs on this thing and they are certainly choice cuts. Paul has nowhere to hide and rocks out, acoustic style. Have you ever met the guy? He's fantastic. I mean that. He has played with fancy folks that you have heard of and has toured endlessly, sweeping the land far and wide. Michigan, what's up with all your great bands?

Paul Baribeau - vocals, guitar

TRACK LISTING:
1. Christmas Lights
2. Ten Things
3. Nothing to Say
4. Hard Work
5. Falling In Love With Your Best Friend 
6. Things I Wish
7. Like Bells
8. Better Than Anything Ever 
9. Last Time

PRE-ORDER from NO IDEA:

PAUL BARIBEAU "S/T" LP ($10.00) (NIR-334)

• PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER! It will be out in MAY. If you'd like to order other records too, please make sure to place a SEPARATE ORDER for PB "S/T" — otherwise your entire order will wait to ship. THANKS!!

• The LP comes on 250 BUBBLEGUM PINK vinyl & 300 BLACK vinyl. If you have a color preference, just let us know in the comments section when you check out! Thanks!

Paul Baribeau - vocals, guitar

TRACK LISTING:
1. Table Cloth
2. I Thought I Could Find You
3. Only Babies Cry
4. Strawbery
5. Boys Like Me
6. I Miss That Band
7. Brown Brown Brown
8. Never Get to Know
9. Jordan
10. When You Go Back to College
11. Blue Eyes
12. The Pier
13. Help a Kid Out
14. Things I Don't Do

Paul is a fucking jerk. It bums me out because I know his music means a lot to a lot of people but he is a really mean person.

Yeah I love his music, but I've heard less than stellar things about him as a person. I've met him a few times and he's been nice. But I could tell from the stories he tells that he's ruffled quite a few feathers.

I know he had a falling out with Chris from PIX and he's moved around a lot.

That said I already got both of these Fest presses and I love both of them.

what's the matter with this?

E: OR are you taking PB's side....

i guess I'm taking his side. it always seemed uncharacteristic of people at an acoustic show to constantly shout in a small coffee shop between every song. i mean i like the guys music but...

@kevin, yeah that was the only thing i ordered.

Paul has a very dry, dark sense of humor that may not be apparent to everyone, especially in some situations. As well, he does not humor fools.* Beyond that, I cannot say. I find him hilarious. I am sure that someone out there thinks I'm a dry fish (or even a grump) because they talked to me on a day that I didn't particularly have anything to say. I aspire to be more, but really I'm just a person and I'm moody, just like most people.

* This is not a reference to anyone posting here. There were mentions of Paul scolding people hollering over his music at a show, above.

• I forgot to mention that these albums were re-mixed and re-mastered by Paul. Then they were re-cut by Dave Eck at Lucky Lacquers. I have heard that some people think a song or two is an alternate take, but I'm not sure about that. I keep forgetting to ask Paul.

Paul has a very dry, dark sense of humor that may not be apparent to everyone, especially in some situations. As well, he does not humor fools.* Beyond that, I cannot say. I find him hilarious. I am sure that someone out there thinks I'm a dry fish (or even a grump) because they talked to me on a day that I didn't particularly have anything to say. I aspire to be more, but really I'm just a person and I'm moody, just like most people.

* This is not a reference to anyone posting here. There were mentions of Paul scolding people hollering over his music at a show, above.

• I forgot to mention that these albums were re-mixed and re-mastered by Paul. Then they were re-cut by Dave Eck at Lucky Lacquers. I have heard that some people think a song or two is an alternate take, but I'm not sure about that. I keep forgetting to ask Paul.

If they're the same song versions as the Fest presses, then yeah, some songs were rerecorded since there are some words left out/put in/changed.