PO: THE MARS VOLTA - AMPUTECHTURE -RED/GOLD VINYL EDITION- by Music On Vinyl

My picture.

Got home now and some time to make a full picture.

IMAG0044_zpswx94kplp.jpg

Looks nice. Even though I'm a bigger fan of black vinyl I think that color came out pretty cool. If you have a copy of the MOV Deloused can you compare the Amputechture jacket to it? The same? Different?

Thanks for the photo!

I guess you're talking about quality?

I got Deloused also yes.

For me the quality of both releases are great but I know people don't like he quality from Deloused...

This one is great again (for me).

I think he was asking about the jacket for the record itself. The jacket for Deloused was a little on the flimsier side, in my opinion.

I guess you're talking about quality?

I got Deloused also yes.

For me the quality of both releases are great but I know people don't like he quality from Deloused...

This one is great again (for me).

I think the Deloused is great quality. I was really just curious if the jacket was glossy like the Deloused jacket is. Thanks for the response.

I think he was asking about the jacket for the record itself. The jacket for Deloused was a little on the flimsier side, in my opinion.

Honestly, I think the jacket is great. I don't necessarily need every LP jacket to be Stoughton tip on. With that in mind, I found the Deloused jacket to be awesome quality and I love that its glossy. It really suits that cover image to me. The only issue I noticed with the jacket was that it was so newly manufactured it didn't seem like it was broken in to the closed position. I'm sure it will get there in time.

I got my black copy in the mail yesterday and unlike my silver copy, the inner sleeves had gotten sliced through on the sides. Not a big deal for me though.

I'm looking for some info about this release on the MOV site and I can't find anything about it.

Also nothing about Deloused...

Maybe something with that copyright thing?

Check the Deloused thread.  Someone discovered that MOV had removed all the TMV releases from their online catalog.  Of course, without a public statement from MOV, and with the twitter rant from Cedric about the Deloused reissue, people had some speculation.  The latest, at least for those who ordered from SRC, is that it's still on and they will likely ship before the 24th.

Yeah, they're still shipping out it seems. 

That's good news since you got yours from SSD.  I don't think anybody has anything to worry about, at least with this one.  Kind of wondering if Frances is going get squashed though.  But for all we know, MOV is making some adjustments to those TMV listings on their online catalog and nothing has changed with the copyright situation. 

I wanted both variants of this repress so ordered the US from SRC and the EU from Banquet records. SRC of course is delayed, but I hadn't heard anything from Banquet so I emailed them:

We're still yet to receive the re-press of this, which is why it's still listed as a pre-order on the site. We're chasing it up with the supplier and it'll be sent as soon as we have it, but if you don't want to wait any longer just let us know.

Honestly as long as I get one copy of this to listen to I'll be happy, but this is some shady shit with these MoV Mars Volta releases.

The cover, corners, and inner sleeve edge all look impeccable from the outside too.

I saw you said it was the orange and white swirl, the original press wasn't a swirl it was half and half. Probably just a mistake but just making sure you're not looking at the repress haha, def worth the 80 if it's the OG.

I saw you said it was the orange and white swirl, the original press wasn't a swirl it was half and half. Probably just a mistake but just making sure you're not looking at the repress haha, def worth the 80 if it's the OG.

Yeah, I realized my mistake after I had posted it, I should have changed that because marbling and half and half are vastly different haha. You are indeed correct it was the orange and white half and half.

Yeah I'm still on the fence, I figured with the repress price plus shipping it wouldn't be that much of a price difference overall and I really enjoy supporting the local shops. I shouldn't but chances are I will, I'm thinking I buy that and then a Frances the Mute pre-order comes up that I can't afford two days later, usually how things go in my world. :D