PO: Anberlin - Lowborn (Final Album) 7/22

1936.png5_7b49158d-2f05-4d1d-ba4b-a3e58ff7fcc4_l
lowbornpurp2_zps85a32fee.jpg
Anberlin's final album.
Gooey fingers is for the vinyl release, copper painted nails is the "preorder exclusive" alternate cover.

From Anberlin: http://www.shopbenchmark.com/anberlin/catalog/category/view/s/lowborn/id/1132/

T&N: http://toothandnail.merchline.com/collections/vinyl/products/anberlin-lowborn-vinyl-mp3-download

1. We Are Destroyer
2. Armageddon
3. Stranger Ways http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/88822
4. Velvet Covered Brick
5. Atonement
6. Birds Of Prey
7. Dissenter
8. Losing It All
9. Hearing Voices

10. Harbinger

The crossed fingers also mean this "To cross one's fingers was a hand gesture mainly used to implore God for protection, as well as to wish for good luck. The gesture is referred to by the common expression "keeping one's fingers crossed" or just "fingers crossed" and has also been historically used in order to allow believers to recognize one another during times of persecution."

A little info about the making-of, "Instead of recording the album together, the musicians did their parts with separate producers they each selected. Drums were recorded with Matt Goldman in Atlanta and later combined with bass and guitar in Lakeland, FL with Copeland’s Aaron Marsh. Vocals were recorded with the band’s longtime collaborator Aaron Sprinkle in Franklin, TN."

This sounds like... a really dumb way to make an album? 

I haven't really kept up with Anberlin since Cities, are they not on good terms with each other or something?

Wonder if all the different covers will spell sometime in sign language?

the theory around the Anberlin forum is that different formats will get different covers, like with JT last year.

Or I could be completely wrong lol

This sounds like... a really dumb way to make an album? 

I haven't really kept up with Anberlin since Cities, are they not on good terms with each other or something?

It could be incredibly awesome and gel really well.....or sound disconnected and like mismatched puzzle pieces..

They're all good friends so the separate recording is odd to me.

I think they might have just recorded it separately but worked on it together?

Will buy, no questions. Seriously sad to see these guys go. It is very interesting how openly predetermined the breakup is. 

From one of the guitar players, "What is unique about the end of Anberlin is that we discussed where people were at in their lives, what that meant for the band, and then made plans for the end on our own terms."

Looking at it from a marketing/promotion standpoint, it's brilliant.

Get a well-loved band with a solid fanbase, announce the coming breakup, old fans come back for the old memories and current fans will eat it up Then when the tour comes, people who had putting it off have the only reason to go.

Just the inner PR guy in me talking.

Will buy, no questions. Seriously sad to see these guys go. It is very interesting how openly predetermined the breakup is. 

Same here. I've followed this band since their first record back in 02' so I'm really sad to see them go too. Lots of memories with this band and their albums. Thankfully I've been fortunate enough to see them twice in my hometown and hopefully I'll get to see them one last time on their farewell tour. 

I actually enjoy Vital more than whatever the hell was before that (I'm too lazy to look it up). 

This could be a cool way to go out. Planned last albums never seem to live up to the hype though. I hope this is different. 

I feel like Vital was their best work up to this point. So to me, they have a lot to live up to since their last effort was so great. The last album you're talking about was Dark Is the Way, Light Is a Place. Which, had a few stand out tracks, but was overall disappointing as a whole. 

I feel like Vital was their best work up to this point. So to me, they have a lot to live up to since their last effort was so great. The last album you're talking about was Dark Is the Way, Light Is a Place. Which, had a few stand out tracks, but was overall disappointing as a whole. 

I want to hear a song off this before I order it... I really liked Vital. It was the first record from them that I was into since Cities. I've never come across a band so hit or miss for me.

The singer described it as a mix between Dead American (from Devotion) and Paperthin Hymn so I think that bodes well

Going to hold off on listening since it's their last album, that's me though

The singer described it as a mix between Dead American (from Devotion) and Paperthin Hymn so I think that bodes well

Going to hold off on listening since it's their last album, that's me though

meaning it will rock SO hard? awesome. would make sense for these song titles to be rockers.