Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes!

Ruby and Sapphire came out 11 years ago and it is finally getting a remake for the 3DS. I am really excited for this game and I am sure there has to be other Pokemon fans here soooo what do you guys think of this?

Here's a video I made about the games being announced:

(P.S. Didn't realize there was already a thread about this. Feel free to go to the other thread and lock this one if necessary)

Why does it need a remake lol. 

I just bought an old ruby off ebay for like 20 bucks and resoldered a new battery and its perfect and awesome

I needed this because I gave my Ruby to a family member a long time ago and I wish I could still play it. Plus it's my favorite Pokemon game so I am happy to revisit my childhood through this game

I don't know how I feel about this. I've played almost every Pokemon game since the original Blue and Red (beat both of them 100%, minus full Pokedex) and loved every minute of it. But the newer games have all seemed to just be extensions of the previous games. What keeps you guys coming back? Why are you so interested in the new games? 

I don't know how I feel about this. I've played almost every Pokemon game since the original Blue and Red (beat both of them 100%, minus full Pokedex) and loved every minute of it. But the newer games have all seemed to just be extensions of the previous games. What keeps you guys coming back? Why are you so interested in the new games? 

I played every one until Diamond and Pearl (which I may or may not have downloaded onto my R4 card at no cost ). After that the Pokemon stopped looking as cool, and the franchise died at that point with me. Pokemon has had my attention since I was 3, and after I accidentally released a Graveler I had trained because I couldn't read, I wanted to learn so bad by the time I was 8 I had a college reading level. I loved the games and the TV shows up until that generation, and I still think those were the only good ones. 

I played every one until Diamond and Pearl (which I may or may not have downloaded onto my R4 card at no cost ). After that the Pokemon stopped looking as cool, and the franchise died at that point with me. Pokemon has had my attention since I was 3, and after I accidentally released a Graveler I had trained because I couldn't read, I wanted to learn so bad by the time I was 8 I had a college reading level. I loved the games and the TV shows up until that generation, and I still think those were the only good ones. 

I will admit, the Vanill(ite)(ish)(luxe) and Klefki are the dumbest looking pokemon of all time lmao

I will admit, the Vanill(ite)(ish)(luxe) and Klefki are the dumbest looking pokemon of all time lmao

Yeah, I look at the new gens of Pokemon and I just don't know what they're thinking of. When you look at the sprites of say Red and Blue version pokemon they're so (literally) sharp and edgy and just adult. 

I completely agree, my friend. Long live the original Pokemon!

meh I don't think this needs a remake. the ruby and sapphire games didn't even look that bad to begin with considering how many people still go back to play that generation of the game. I just cant see myself spending like 40+ dollars (or whatever 3ds games go for) for this. like I understood the remakes of gold+silver because they were crappy graphics and stuff. however i'll probably just play these on an emulator when they come out. just my 2 cents.

meh I don't think this needs a remake. the ruby and sapphire games didn't even look that bad to begin with considering how many people still go back to play that generation of the game. I just cant see myself spending like 40+ dollars (or whatever 3ds games go for) for this. like I understood the remakes of gold+silver because they were crappy graphics and stuff. however i'll probably just play these on an emulator when they come out. just my 2 cents.

Understandable but I feel it has to be done because getting Hoenn pokemon was such a hassle in X and Y that they needed a way to get the pokemon in there. Plus with every remake is a chance for new players to get a taste of the old stuff

There isn't a 3DS emulator and chances are there won't be for a while.

I agree with you that the graphics are definitely still playable, but it was also before the psychical/special split in gen 4. It's hard to go back from that.

that's a good point. I don't have a 3ds so I never played x or y. heard they were pretty good. but I feel like since they're doing this they'll do something like make a remake of fire red and leaf green and that will be a remake of a remake haha.

also still waiting for Nintendo to make a pokemon mmorpg..... theres something i'd play.

EDIT: and I cant believe im even turning this game down because I have a mewtwo tattoo. I should be shitting my pants. its probably because I played ruby/sapphire/emerald over 30 times now

Ruby and Sapphire look like crap compared to X and Y, that's just what happens with games over time.

that's a good point. I don't have a 3ds so I never played x or y. heard they were pretty good. but I feel like since they're doing this they'll do something like make a remake of fire red and leaf green and that will be a remake of a remake haha.

also still waiting for Nintendo to make a pokemon mmorpg..... theres something i'd play.

EDIT: and I cant believe im even turning this game down because I have a mewtwo tattoo. I should be shitting my pants. its probably because I played ruby/sapphire/emerald over 30 times now

I'd expect a remake of FireRed and LeafGreen after they remake maybe White and Black. It's gonna be a while lol. X and Y are very good Pokemon games. They were actually the first ones that I have completed the pokedex in so I recommend getting it

I may play x or y. and to the guy saying there isn't a 3ds emulator: vizzed.com has one, and it has a bunch of games for it which you can play in your browser. that's how I play my pokemon/other games of that nature.

and Idk its easy for me to bash a game that hasn't even come out because I don't even have a 3ds so I wont even get it. I don't expect there to be anything necessarily wrong with the game, im just all for the nostalgia factor pokemon gives me

EDIT: maybe there isn't an emulator for it. I looked it up and I got confused, apparently you can play roms on your 3ds. my mistake. im sure there will be one sooner or later though.

Ruby and Sapphire look like crap compared to X and Y, that's just what happens with games over time.

I just looked up a video, wtf it looks like animal crossing. 

Sprite based characters was one of the major appeals to me, idk if i can handle this pokemon coliseum lookin shit