Why the fuck did I sell that?

Just now I see this on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hey-Mercedes-Everynight-Fireworks-AUTOGRAPHED-braid-cap-n-jazz-friction-/181374606604?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2a3ac4dd0c#viTabs_0

I know it's mine because my nickname used to be Goat and I had it signed when I purchased it at a show. Another one I'd really love to have back.

In the mid 2000's I thought I was "getting out" of collecting vinyl, so I sold off almost all of my collection. I had orginal presses of Coheed and Cambria IKSSE and Deja that I sold for well below what they are worth now. I also had a clear pressing of Pinback's Blue Screen Life that I sold for super cheap. I don't think I'll ever get over selling those.

What records did you sell/trade/lose that you are eternally pissed about?

Selling that Coheed hurt my soul just now. I feel for you

There was a recent repress.

Oh I know about the repress. I just haven't gotten around to picking them up again yet. Also, I always thought the represses were way overpriced. I think I paid like $10+s/h each back in the day.

oooh yeah. I try not to think about those days anymore. When records were cheaper than CDs at shows and shit that now goes for way too much money initially costing $10 or less. I still remember seeing Brand New touring with TBS and Rufio when YFW came out and scanning the merch table thinking, 'who buys records?'. Here I am ten years later kicking myself in the ass.

oooh yeah. I try not to think about those days anymore. When records were cheaper than CDs at shows and shit that now goes for way too much money initially costing $10 or less. I still remember seeing Brand New touring with TBS and Rufio when YFW came out and scanning the merch table thinking, 'who buys records?'. Here I am ten years later kicking myself in the ass.

Without creating the image of an old man shaking his fist,just going through some of my collection and seeing $6 and $7 price stickers on LPs and then turning around and paying $20+ for new records now....sheesh.

At the time, I had an original pressing of The Format Dog Problems. It was my wife and I's favorite record. I did not care to sell it, but after our daughter was born we wanted to pay all our medical bills off in one fell swoop. After a lengthy discussion, I sold it. Luckily, it was later repressed. But we bought that on one of our first dates, at their show. Luckily, we kept our other favorite dating record, Copeland In Motion. While I wish I kept it, it definitely was a blessing because we paid all those bills off and are debt free, minus the house. 

Adult Life! 

Back in the early nineties I sold my collection of close to 150 thrash and death metal records because I was "getting too old for metal" (how young and naive I was to believe such a thing) and also because I needed some funds to get with the times and finally acquire a CD player. I got 3000 NoK for the lot, about 500 bucks, which is less than $3.5 a piece. Among the records was this one:

R-805174-1378285164-7281.jpeg

A copy sold on the bay a few months ago for more than 3000 bucks.

I sold Alchemy Index to someone on here for like $60 about a year ago. DUMB.

ouch. at least you got 60 bucks for it. My gf got her AI, Beggars and Major Minor stolen. I'm replacing the entire collection for her birthday and that goddamn index is the only one I don't think I'll be able to hunt down.