Question about heat and vinyl

So I'm still relatively new to vinyl and this board so I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've read that heat is bad for vinyl and can warp it.. My question is this - I'm on the third floor of an apartment building where it gets really hot in the summertime, and my A/C decided to stop working today, meaning my apartment's been about 85 degrees all day. Maintenance is supposed to come today but there's no guarantee they'll be able to fix it today. How long does it take records being exposed to heat for them to warp? Also, if it can't be fixed today, what should I do to try and preserve my records?

Thanks in advance, hope you guys can help.

Right, stupid me for wanting to preserve things I spent a lot of money on and being extra careful and asking questions and trying to educate myself, lulz all around.

I don't see why you are upset considering you got two legitimate answers before anyone started making jokes.

You fared better than most.

Right, stupid me for wanting to preserve things I spent a lot of money on and being extra careful and asking questions and trying to educate myself, lulz all around.

Honestly got be able to laugh at the jokes thrown your way. Especially since you got some legit advice. Enjoy your records and try not take the stuff you see here to personally.

I don't see why you are upset considering you got two legitimate answers before anyone started making jokes.

You fared better than most.

True, and thanks for the response. I think I'm just pissy about everything because of the heat. Much like vinyl, heat and myself are not a good mix. Or, unlike vinyl I guess...

Also, fuck you guys, I did exactly as you said and now all my records are frozen solid. Guess that's what I get for trusting strangers on the internet.

About 6-7 years ago, I stuck a bunch of records (probably 40 or so that I didn't really deem to be that important) in a box in my garage that would not fit in my record storage inside (old Army trunks).

My garage is not climate controlled, and I live in the south where the humidity and heat get out of control (it is only early May and we are already having 93 degree days) - so I assumed the worst with them. 

Well, a couple of months ago I pulled them out and went through them and to my surprise they were in great shape.  Also, to my surprise, I some of them were kind of valuable, so I lucked out.

I wouldn't worry about heat if they are inside and out of the sun/light.  Also, they shouldn't be touching anything that would get really hot.  

About 6-7 years ago, I stuck a bunch of records (probably 40 or so that I didn't really deem to be that important) in a box in my garage that would not fit in my record storage inside (old Army trunks).

My garage is not climate controlled, and I live in the south where the humidity and heat get out of control (it is only early May and we are already having 93 degree days) - so I assumed the worst with them. 

Well, a couple of months ago I pulled them out and went through them and to my surprise they were in great shape.  Also, to my surprise, I some of them were kind of valuable, so I lucked out.

I wouldn't worry about heat if they are inside and out of the sun/light.  Also, they shouldn't be touching anything that would get really hot.  

So you're saying I probably shouldn't use two plugged in irons as bookends?

True, and thanks for the response. I think I'm just pissy about everything because of the heat. Much like vinyl, heat and myself are not a good mix. Or, unlike vinyl I guess...

Also, fuck you guys, I did exactly as you said and now all my records are frozen solid. Guess that's what I get for trusting strangers on the internet.

Be careful. Crime goes up in hot weather and, depending on your location, home invasion vinyl melting is a crime.