Lovedrug - Pretend You're Alive

replied to a kid on FB who commented saying "not a bad price for what you get" saying "you probably don't buy vinyl very often" to them replying with "Often enough to know that things have changed since I got Copeland's you are my sunshine for $9 the day it came out. This is not that. It's a collectors package for die hard fans. I get that."

"A COLLECTORS PACKAGE" LOLOL

That whole thing is a mess.  What they don't realize is if they charged $25 for the regular ol' 2xLP, they'd get enough money to start a tour.  Then sell those LPs on tour and keep it going.  But trying to fuck over your fans so you can "continue to tour" is bullshit.  Never will they get 40 Grand from that bullshit "package".  It's not even a package!

replied to a kid on FB who commented saying "not a bad price for what you get" saying "you probably don't buy vinyl very often" to them replying with "Often enough to know that things have changed since I got Copeland's you are my sunshine for $9 the day it came out. This is not that. It's a collectors package for die hard fans. I get that."

"A COLLECTORS PACKAGE" LOLOL

Probably hired by the band to go on there and hype it.

one of those bands i never got around to checking out, and the album in question is sick! it's that copeland-esque piano rock that really tore my heart up in high school.

really sad my first taste of the band's music is coupled with such a distasteful vinyl-hawking scheme. 100 dollars, indeed.

Here's more sound logic...

To all who have pledged to help the band, WE THANK YOU!

To those who for some reason continue to comment about vinyl pricing..

Please take the time to read what we are doing and what this campaign is about before attacking our wall. Once again, we are NOT selling a vinyl for $100. That's not what this is. This is a crowd funding campaign run by us, from our website. Your pledge will help pay for the cost of recording and production of all this material and for the pressing of the vinyl. ALSO, we are currently touring in a borrowed Suburban from a friend of ours. We would like to purchase a van so that we can tour again properly. This campaign will help us do that as well.

Every single person in this band, including myself, works a full time job and tries to do music at the same time. I've been fighting the fight to make this dream a reality since I started this band 14 years ago. I love playing music. I love performing my music. I love that we have fans that appreciate what we do and support us. This is NOT some scheme to make a bunch of money or to tour in some "cushy" bus as some have alluded to. This is us simply reaching out and asking who would like to help us get back to playing shows full time. As a reward, we worked incredibly hard to put together a great package for those who sign up. The PYA vinyl being at the top of that list. If you don't want to pledge, don't. If you do, then do. Either way, we love you. I'm off to work now. Cheers.

Sincerely,
Michael Shepard
Founder/singer of LOVEDRUG 
EST. 2002