Hum - Downward is Heavenward Reissue

just scored an orig press :)

Are you the moneybags who just dropped $300+ on eBay?

love the record, important growing up, have the coins, why not?

dontdropthebeat apparently didn't follow through on his purchase.  relist hammered at $177 vs $300

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUM-DOWNWARD-IS-HEAVENWARD-LP-RARE-RECORD-/301674138173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463d2e0a3d&nma=true&si=F5XDrYlqNV4e3uRhQBU6RCtR50A%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

original listing bid history: two got carried away, the other bidder won Electra didn't pay either --- two deadbeats? or possibly some shilling going on?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=301656298969&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

I bought a bunch of other stuff from that guy. He said he didn't get paid for a bunch of the 1st batch of stuff he listed. 

I prefer the former days when you could see user id's. I didn't care if people knew what I won/paid. The new has some benefits for privacy but takes a bit more detective work on shills.

• 2 months later...

Got to see Hum last night no vinyl or music at all but they had 4 or 5 different T-shirts ($20) and 2 Jay Ryan posters ($25) 1 with West Cost  and 1 with the East Coast tour dates. Mineral had 2 or 3 LP and a few shirts they played 1st. It was an awesome show if they're coming near you GO it was great.

Sorry to bump this with no real news on the Downward repress. 

• 5 months later...

So there's this now...

"Hi everyone. Tim here, and I just wanted to extend all of our thanks once again for coming out for our last tours and showing us love. It really meant a lot to us that people still enjoy our music and came out to support us. It was very humbling, and we had a blast. Can't wait to do it again.

We've been busy writing and hope to have some new stuff to share soon. Here's a pic from our practice this weekend. Can't say enough about this Dunable Guitars, Yeti I recently picked up. It's the best guitar I've ever owned. Such a beauty. We hope to have some new music to share in the near future. Take care." posted on facebook. 

That's super exciting!  But still no further word that I know of on the DIH reissue.  The thought of new Hum is a good distraction.  :)

• 11 months later...
27 minutes ago, jlwallen said:

I just happened upon this thread today (while searching for a pressing of DIH). So the last post here was over a year ago. Has there been any new news on the new pressing?

Shit, I wish. I went as far as emailing Talbott a few months back to ask him what was up. No response.  

While we're talking about HUM, did anyone else see this little update on 2/8/17?

Edited by kisol

• 11 months later...

haha that's hilarious!  i literally just shot him another email this morning before even seeing this thread update.  ThoughtCollective.com

This is great news though, that's all i wanted was an update, i wonder why he hasn't updated the hum vinyl section of the label website with this info that it's coming this summer.