Hum - Downward is Heavenward Reissue

I could only begin to dream about having a tractor trailer pull up to my house to offload a huge shitstack of records. OMG! Sure, it's all the same record in this case, but it's a really amazing one! That said, I'd hate to have to box up and ship all those. Hope he's hired some elves. 

20 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I’m hoping it’s during my workday on Thursday. I’m on my computer all day & obsessively online. 

I get a bit of wiggle room working in an office, but that sounds like a pretty optimal schedule for being in the vinyl game.  You probably don't have to worry about missing out on much – would you say it makes it pretty easy to keep an eye on most limited drops, etc.?  I'm sure these will go quick.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I'm sure these will go quick.

not interested in this myself very much, but I remember reading at some point on his IG that there were plenty copies available so if you want one, you'd get one without much hassle. Probably there won't be any need to F5 your way through thursday.

2 hours ago, poweredbytrust said:

not interested in this myself very much, but I remember reading at some point on his IG that there were plenty copies available so if you want one, you'd get one without much hassle. Probably there won't be any need to F5 your way through thursday.

In one of the pics it looks like he has 70 boxes of LPs.  If we’re assuming there are 50 LPs in a box (my guess, someone who has purchased large quantities of vinyl would know better) he’s sitting on roughly 3,500 copies of this record.

I can’t imagine this selling out immediately.

6 minutes ago, highfives said:

In one of the pics it looks like he has 70 boxes of LPs.  If we’re assuming there are 50 LPs in a box (my guess, someone who has purchased large quantities of vinyl would know better) he’s sitting on roughly 3,500 copies of this record.

I can’t imagine this selling out immediately.

One of the pictures shows the carton quantity as 24.

I'm going to do some extra sleuthing while we continue to wait. Looking at the rest of the Facebook photos it seems like there are around 1800 records, 70-75 boxes of 24 from what I can see. I happen to think these will stick around for a couple days but a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this so I don't plan to sleep on it.

6 hours ago, Lugubrious said:

I'm assuming the records are stacked vertically inside the cartons? 

5 hours ago, tape said:

They fit in exactly the way you would expect 12" squares to fit inside a 12.5 x 12.5 x 6" box.

Looks like they're stacked, not vertical. What's strange is that the boxes don't appear square in the other photos. They look tall (too tall for 12s to stack vertically) and longer than 12". Yet in this photo, they're clearly square.

Edited by jeromium