Hum - Downward is Heavenward Reissue

2 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

its one dude. He’s trying.

This has to be emphasized. One man, who owns and operates his own analog recording studio in 2018, has retained the license to a major label flop of a record (not talking shit, they didn't do well on a mainstream level, pretty sure they never recouped on Astronaut) that he recorded 20 years ago, made a new analog mix, got it cut to lacquer and pressed to vinyl in what seems like a pretty huge quantity and is taking orders from a cult fanbase and is handling each and every order personally, on his own and the final product has been at least 3 years in the making. Now normally I would bitch at this price for this particular product but when you consider the scope of the undertaking and the lack of manpower, I can't really complain. 

Let's try not to lose perspective.

55 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

This has to be emphasized. One man, who owns and operates his own analog recording studio in 2018, has retained the license to a major label flop of a record (not talking shit, they didn't do well on a mainstream level, pretty sure they never recouped on Astronaut) that he recorded 20 years ago, made a new analog mix, got it cut to lacquer and pressed to vinyl in what seems like a pretty huge quantity and is taking orders from a cult fanbase and is handling each and every order personally, on his own and the final product has been at least 3 years in the making. Now normally I would bitch at this price for this particular product but when you consider the scope of the undertaking and the lack of manpower, I can't really complain. 

Let's try not to lose perspective.

Yeah but what if it was only on blue vinyl?

4 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Haven’t seen so many people REEEEE about something in so long.

its one dude. He’s trying.

But this is a MAJOR function of Vinyl Collective!

And we understand what this all entails, MT can't be lauded enough and he knew it would be one of those "headaches either way you do this."

Do it this way, few happy people up front, easier paper trail, but there will be many impatient whiners until the frothing /foaming get their records... vs. sell them all at once, a few happy people get their records first, as he sorts the Paypal tidal wave, then many impatient/whiners wait wait wait with their money tied up for up to a year or more until they get their copy.

7 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

It sounds so freaking good. Super happy with this.

And this is another MAJOR function of Vinyl Collective: My record has arrived! and this is what happened to the jacket, what the real version looks like vs mock ups and what it sounds like. Thank you for playing, and feeding the beast ;)

Now you can be done with this thread (click "unfollow"). MT can defend himself. 

You can have one more post here, then you're trolling.

:wub: j/k ;)

See you on page 35 when mine gets here! 

59 minutes ago, hyperg1ant said:

I just called to exile on main st (matt talbott store) and got a copy with the jay ryan print (65 usd shipped on paypal) and in a few minutes they send me a tracking number to my email. If anyone missed a copy today, you should try this!

RIP dis place 

1 hour ago, hyperg1ant said:

I just called to exile on main st (matt talbott store) and got a copy with the jay ryan print (65 usd shipped on paypal) and in a few minutes they send me a tracking number to my email. If anyone missed a copy today, you should try this!

They are sold out but should be getting more in a week per dude I talked to on phone. So if you can’t get directly from Matt, try here later.

Edited by awalkingwounded

5 minutes ago, DiscoJon said:

Why isn't this being re-released through a label like "You'd Prefer an Astronaut" was?  Just not enough demand?

YPAA wasn’t released in conjunction with the band.  SRC licensed it directly from the label and cut the band out of it.

Seems like Matt did the licensing from the label this time instead of letting some other company steal money from him and his band mates.

He doesn’t need to do jack shit, holy hell. 

I’m not sure you appreciate how overwhelming orders for records can be and he’s sitting on thousands.

I get overwhelmed when I make half a dozen sales at once, and this is multiple times that multiple times over.

I also get that I scored a copy and the people having tantrums didn’t yet, but he keeps reassuring us there’s plenty of records and...

idk, be better and be faster if you’re frustrated. But don’t take it out on MT.

Hi friends. I will sell the entirety of the DiH vinyl albums on Sunday, January 6 at noon cst. These should be considered pre-orders, and all records will ship by Feb. 6. Orders will be limited to one copy per order. Orders of more than one copy will not be fulfilled. I am already working on a second pressing.

Edited by highfives

26 minutes ago, highfives said:

Hi friends. I will sell the entirety of the DiH vinyl albums on Sunday, January 6 at noon cst. These should be considered pre-orders, and all records will ship by Feb. 6. Orders will be limited to one copy per order. Orders of more than one copy will not be fulfilled. I am already working on a second pressing.

This is the right move, otherwise he's going to be dealing with whiners for the next two months.

4 hours ago, highfives said:

How many have been sold so far and how many people I’ll be available next week? If you can add a media mail option since it’s a preorder. Some of us would rather save on shipping and arnt in a hurry since we have to wait to preorder anyway.