Hum - Downward is Heavenward Reissue

19 minutes ago, joeybuckets said:

It was posted on Facebook. Maybe he switched it. Supposedly someone was told in his bar about the change. 

I see nothing that mentioned Saturday but if someone in a bar said it, it must be true

Last post from Matt:

HUM
19 hrs · 

Hi friends. I'm still on target to sell the remaining inventory of the first pressing if DiH vinyl on Sunday at noon, cst. Some info, and a few requests:

* Please do not attempt to buy multiple copies. I WILL NOT FULFILL YOUR ORDER IF IT REQUESTS MORE THEN ONE COPY.

* If you have already successfully purchased PLEASE STAY AWAY. Give others a chance. Please. Be nice.

* If you are not successful Sunday, please know that I care and that I am working daily to get the next pressing done. I have no further info on the schedule of the re-press currently because the music industry kinda shuts down this time of year. Except in my basement in Champaign it would seem.

* I am sorry for the rough start. You are all loved.

* If you successfully purchased last Friday please note that most all of the records shipped within a few business days of the order being placed. A few stragglers went out yesterday. If you haven't yet received your order, please give it a few days.

* I appreciate all of you and though I generally stay away from the comments section, I can't help but see the nice and supportive things some of you have said. Thank you for your kindness!

* Reminder...place your order this Sunday at noon cst at www.earthanalogrecords.com

* Cheers. -mt

So now we're believing the fully unconfirmed and second-hand report of an unnamed person who supposedly went to the bar, in a facebook post no one can link to, over multiple instances by the actual person doing the sale stating when the onsale is happening. Cool. Great.

$500 says Matt told this theoretical person Sunday and their drunk ass heard Saturday.

Edited by tape

1 hour ago, ZeroNowhere said:

RareLimiteds is trying to dupe everyone so they can have an upper hand on buying 4+ more copies for Discogs / Ebay.

I’m unsure how dude has 4 unless he had 4 people buying them.

Matt has stated he’ll cancel orders for more than 1, so we’ll see how that affects flippers.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223311642054

Just incredible that there are people willing to pay over $125 for this that are unaware of the fact that $44 will get you one later today.  I’ll never understand how people are capable of blindly throwing money at things without educating themselves on what they are purchasing.  Ignorance is bliss I guess.  Must be nice. 

27 minutes ago, joeybuckets said:

Are u serious?  It’s just a record dude. People have been selling stuff on eBay for years with a markup. Why does this surprise you?

Yes I know how eBay works but thanks for the tip. Simply saying that if you’re willing to pay $125+ for a record, I would think that you’re a big enough fan of the band or album to know that this is available at retail. Guess I’m crazy to think that.  My apologies.  Carry on. 

Edited by kisol

41 minutes ago, joeybuckets said:

The butt hurt in this thread is epic. 

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/6CwNxgj"><a href="//imgur.com/6CwNxgj"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Butt hurt? Epic? Are you 14?

2 hours ago, kisol said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223311642054

Just incredible that there are people willing to pay over $125 for this that are unaware of the fact that $44 will get you one later today.  I’ll never understand how people are capable of blindly throwing money at things without educating themselves on what they are purchasing.  Ignorance is bliss I guess.  Must be nice. 

I have less of a problem with this because it seems be a bunch of idiots bidding and driving the price up. You know what they say about a fool and his money...

The Buy it Now and Discogs bottomfeeders who set the price at $150-$200 are a different situation - they are not even bothering to hide their greed.

34 minutes ago, joeybuckets said:

Look at the responses in this thread about the crying and complaining about not getting a record. Alot of 14 year old responses. 

Well... you’re on a website about buying records. So one would assume that when someone does not get to do that thing they may in fact become “butt hurt”. Perhaps visit a different forum if you don’t want to read about grown ups being upset over records.