Hum - Downward is Heavenward Reissue

1 hour ago, UrBoyBangs said:

I ordered on the 28th and still haven't received a confirmation/shipping email or my record. Tried to email EAR twice and no response. 

This release is being handled by literally ONE man who runs his own recording studio, record label and is in at least two bands all the while packing and shipping probably around 2000 or more copies of this record.

It may be a while before he responds and it may be even longer before you get any notification of your order shipping.

I ordered on the 28th and still haven't received a confirmation/shipping email or my record. Tried to email EAR twice and no response. 

Everyone who ordered in the first wave got their order.  Stop emailing him so he can spend time packing and shipping, and not responding to dumb "where's my record I ordered it a week ago OMG like what's the hold uppppp wahhhhhh" emails.  You'll get your record.

Email them again and you should file a claim, he's scamming you.

Fucking asshole cant even mail 2000 records in a week.

What a sloth.

On topic: God damn I love this record, it sounds so full and has such a nice dynamic range. It sounds markedly better than digital.

Off topic: I love the "laugh" react button here, it's such a passive aggressive way of saying "lol u a fuckin idiot" without having to type anything. Someone bitching about shipping here? Boom, laugh react. Someone offers their colored Duster box set they ordered by "accident" up for OG pressings of all 3  of their releases? Boom, laugh react. Y'all some dummies.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 hour ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Off topic: I love the "laugh" react button here, it's such a passive aggressive way of saying "lol u a fuckin idiot" without having to type anything. Someone bitching about shipping here? Boom, laugh react. Someone offers their colored Duster box set they ordered by "accident" up for OG pressings of all 3  of their releases? Boom, laugh react. Y'all some dummies.

Laugh react??

All this time I thought it was supposed to be an orgasm...

Edited by unknown pleasures

What a sloth.

On topic: God damn I love this record, it sounds so full and has such a nice dynamic range. It sounds markedly better than digital.

Hahahaha, wait. Did someone really try trading a $60 box set that hasn’t been released yet for like $700 worth of OG Duster records?

Also seriously can’t wait for this record to come in and to frame the print. 

What a sloth.

I wish we had more, like a cringe or an eye roll.

2 hours ago, thischarmingman said:

Everyone who ordered in the first wave got their order.  Stop emailing him so he can spend time packing and shipping, and not responding to dumb "where's my record I ordered it a week ago OMG like what's the hold uppppp wahhhhhh" emails.  You'll get your record.

I thought everyone in wave 2 had already gotten theirs judging from the subreddit and posts here so I wasn't sure. I know the dude is busy and it's a one man operation, I don't care at all when I get this, that wasn't my concern, I just didn't know if my order went through and got passed up or not. Also he has another person, Jayne, who handles emails so it's not like he's stopping to email people. 

3 minutes ago, UrBoyBangs said:

I thought everyone in wave 2 had already gotten theirs judging from the subreddit and posts here so I wasn't sure. I know the dude is busy and it's a one man operation, I don't care at all when I get this, that wasn't my concern, I just didn't know if my order went through and got passed up or not. Also he has another person, Jayne, who handles emails so it's not like he's stopping to email people. 

If you saw the charge on your CC that means your order went through, he got your money, and you'll get your record.  Stop being dense.  

On 1/20/2019 at 2:31 PM, drds89 said:

How does it sound? Analog. Yes :wub:

Great job on mastering/mastering source.  I've never even heard anything but the CD/HDCD and this pressing has given me a real appreciation for the album. 

Full disclosure I never really liked this one compared to Astronaut / Electra ... but now I do.  Dynamic range is important.

Edited by firefoxUSSR

18 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Anyone else in the U.S. not get their copy yet? Don't wanna send an email unless there's a legit concern. Starting to get worried

fuuuuck man. come on. we have been over this. it is one guy mailing out hundreds of records. i got mine last week. my buddy who ordered the same day hasnt gotten tracking yet. it will come. be patient and so help me god if you email matt to ask about this i will come and murder your family. HAVE PATIENCE

5 minutes ago, jrodan said:

fuuuuck man. come on. we have been over this. it is one guy mailing out hundreds of records. i got mine last week. my buddy who ordered the same day hasnt gotten tracking yet. it will come. be patient and so help me god if you email matt to ask about this i will come and murder your family. HAVE PATIENCE

Chill the fuck out. I was only asking. I didn't email him cock goblin

1 minute ago, sugareggs said:

Still waiting in CA. Not worried about it. I think Matt even said it would take until most of Feb 

Gotcha. Thank you. No fucks given then. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. I missed the part where Matt said it may take most of Feb

1 hour ago, Saxonjulin said:

"fucking dork" says the dickhead who has his copy

Well quit being a fucking dork. Not following how he’s a dickhead because he got his record and has basic reading comprehension skills and the motivation to read a few Facebook posts.

He has has his copy. I have my copy. You are a fucking dork. These events are not mutually exclusive. They can exist on the same timeline, genius. 

Personally i I would email Matt like 6 times, file a PayPal claim, go to the bar he works at, buy a beer from him, and then not tip him. Hell, maybe don’t even pay. This fucking guy owes you a record now.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell