Hum - Downward is Heavenward Reissue

11 minutes ago, jrodan said:

oh, you're one of those "if you ignore it, it will go away" types? cool.

Incorrect.  I’m one of those “hey there’s a block feature on these forums and I guess I should probably utilize that instead of trying to waste time and energy convincing strangers on the internet to conform to my level of social standards” types.

Just now, Derek™ said:

Incorrect.  I’m one of those “hey there’s a block feature on these forums and I guess I should probably utilize that instead of trying to waste time and energy convincing strangers on the internet to conform to my level of social standards” types.

lol at conform to my level of social standards. you are on point 95% of the time on here (though with a good amount of assholery) but this shit is dumb. it takes very little time or energy on my part to make homophobes, racists and general shit humans know that i don't agree with their shithouse views. 

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

lol at conform to my level of social standards. you are on point 95% of the time on here (though with a good amount of assholery) but this shit is dumb. it takes very little time or energy on my part to make homophobes, racists and general shit humans know that i don't agree with their shithouse views. 

And that’s fine, I don’t think anyone here should be walking on eggshells to speak their minds about anything.  And you know I’m down for a classic VC tire-fire thread, always.  All I’m saying is that the dude thrives off it.  If he didn’t, he wouldn’t bother posting half as much as he does.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

And that’s fine, I don’t think anyone here should be walking on eggshells to speak their minds about anything.  And you know I’m down for a classic VC tire-fire thread, always.  All I’m saying is that the dude thrives off it.  If he didn’t, he wouldn’t bother posting half as much as he does.

well let's see, my bringing attention to this situation got him warned and suspended, soooooooo....how is he thriving off it exactly?

1 minute ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

forget him! you are certainly thriving off an authoritarian adrenaline rush

man, i don't get this. i honestly could not care any less about how i am viewed on this board. i am however happy to fuck over shitty people so that they can't enjoy this board. no adrenaline rush here. 

3 minutes ago, jrodan said:

well let's see, my bringing attention to this situation got him warned and suspended, soooooooo....how is he thriving off it exactly?

I’m not saying he benefits from it, I’m saying he gets off on it.  People who post solely to spark negative reactions are considered trolls, and typically get dealt with.  Actions and consequences.

I’m not trying to have a pissing match with you or spark a debate in the thread.  Just for the sake of interest, I’m curious; if someone cuts you off on a drive home at night, do you make it a point to hit them with your high beams?  Or lay into the horn?  Or intently drive alongside them to flip them off?  Or get in front of them to brake-check them?  All of those things are low-effort – though maybe not the last option – and demonstrate your distaste for their behavior on the road.  I personally do not, and I know that doing any of those things will not change the driver or their tendencies.  Just wondering if there’s a major disconnect with viewpoints here.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I’m not saying he benefits from it, I’m saying he gets off on it.  People who post solely to spark negative reactions are considered trolls, and typically get dealt with.  Actions and consequences.

I’m not trying to have a pissing match with you or spark a debate in the thread.  Just for the sake of interest, I’m curious; if someone cuts you off on a drive home at night, do you make it a point to hit them with your high beams?  Or lay into the horn?  Or intently drive alongside them to flip them off?  Or get in front of them to brake-check them?  All of those things are low-effort – though maybe not the last option – and demonstrate your distaste for their behavior on the road.  I personally do not, and I know that doing any of those things will not change the driver or their tendencies.  Just wondering if there’s a major disconnect with viewpoints here.

i will not respond to your false equivalence. i will agree we are wasting time here though. no hard feelings.