Do I need a pre-amp with my receiver?

I just purchased a U-Turn Audio Basic Turntable and am in the process of getting my audio system required for it.  I have the Bose V 201 Speakers and plan on purchasing a Yamaha RX-V375 5.1 Channel AV Receiver.  Will I also need a pre-amp to act as the mediator between my table and receiver or can I just plug the table's RCA cables into the Audio-In of the receiver? 

Just want to make sure my setup is good to go once my table gets here.

Thanks for any help.

II. AMPLIFICATION

Integrated Amplifier

It is a combination of two basic components: a preamp and a power amp, in one box. A preamp has a similar job to the phono preamp, but is not to be considered the same/an alternative. The preamp stage within the integrated amplifier provides the selection between inputs and adds a volume control. It also adds tone controls, equalization and other similar features, depending on the model. The power amp section can be thought of as kind of a signal multiplier. It amplifies the signal, received from the preamp section, by a fixed factor. It is like a big power boost, providing speakers with a suitable level signal.

Receiver

It is essentially an integrated amplifier with added features. Vintage receivers usually only added an analog tuner to the box. In 70s and early 80s they were the most common choice of hi-fi enthusiasts, which resulted in their reign both in budget segment as well as higher class equipment. Today, many more features are added, from simple stereo receivers with tuners, ipod docks and wireless connectibility to multichannel beasts with more connections than Aristotle Onassis. The quality, especially in the budget segment, suffers.

A general rule of thumb: In the same price range, a modern receiver will sound vastly inferior to a modern integrated amp. Always.

Vintage vs. Modern (and New vs. Used)

It is a similar story as with turntables. Buying vintage can be a no-brainer, IF you know what you’re getting. In 30 years of use, many of the parts can be ruined by improper handling. After 30 years many parts stop working properly simply due to age. There are experts, who open and “refresh” such equipment before selling it, but it also reflects in the price tag. Still, there is no guarantee that a capacitor won’t die twelve days after you bring it home. In this regard, buying new is again the safest bet.

Buying used modern amplification however is a bit less risky than with turntables. While equipment can still be broken by people with no concept of basic rules of using electronics, such faults are much easier to spot and, frankly, much harder to produce. In my opinion, if you need to cut corners to stay under budget, looking for used modern amplification is the place to start.

Pre-amp/Power Amp combo

If you’re looking for one, you probably don’t need my poor attempt at explaining them. Good for you!

Amplification – Setting up & Use

Setting up your amplification is a much more straightforward process.

Connecting everything

As already described in the turntable set up section, if you're using a phono preamp, just connect the RCA outputs on that preamp to any RCA input connections on your amp/receiver. If you're using an amp/receiver with a phono input, connect the cable running from your turntable to the PHONO input connections on your amp/receiver. Don't forget to connect the grounding wire to the specified binding post as well. This is pretty much it.

Use

-Make sure you always connect everything BEFORE powering on your amp/receiver. A lot of amplifiers and speakers get fried because people aren't following this rule. 

-Always turn the volume all the way down BEFORE powering on your amp/receiver. 

-You should also turn the volume all the way down before selecting different inputs.