Does anyone have a hedgehog?

since this is turning into a sonic the hedgehog thread. I found this insanely fun game. its called sanic ball. its basically a racing game but with sonic characters in "ball form" and all the stages are so troll. and if you pick super sonic you get this dubstep music and snoop dogg dances on the screen. I've been playing it so much

A hedgehog sounds like so much fun!

Chemical Plant and Hydro City are the best. I dig the base in Launch Base Zone too.

I wonder if hedgehogs would dig gardens? I plan to establish one once I move out and something about a hedgehog roaming through the garden sounds exciting. 

from what i gather from friends with hedgies, they are reallllly hard to socialize (as in with humans). Takes lots of patience and proper & gentle handling. They will hate your guts and ball up every time you near them until then. Also they are nocturnal, so if it's gonna be in your room he'll be up and running around in his wheel and partying and making loud phone calls to his friends all night.

Also their lifespan is shorttt. Got to talking to a local pet store owner and he said parents buy them for their kids, the kids wanna hold/pet them, hedgies ball up cuz they're scared, kids drop hedgie, and they die. Don't drop da hedgie, acquire rough manly hands suitable for holding a ball of toothpicks.

Yarostino has one. He even built it a cool cage. He's so cute. The hedgehog...

yesss!

everybody, meet charlie and his coconut!

FFz8VJ4.jpg

KkiZ0L2.jpg

hes incredibly cute and super easy to handle. he just needs some cat food (dry food mostly, as low fat as possible) and/or insects and some water. all you have to do is clean up after him. we got some cat litter and hes actually using his "toilet", haha.

as for the space he needs... we built him a two-level-high cage out of wood and acrylic glass which measures about 2x 17inch*33inch. after a week or two he lost his shyness and by now we can do whatever we want with him and theres no hissing at all. we get him out of the cage on a regular basis so hes got more space. you can buy or built a small fence (so he wont escape and hide in a dark corner) and just let him run on the ground. as for keeping him outside.... ive no idea how good/bad that is for hedgehogs. ours is a southern african hedgehog so i believe it'd be too cold over here in germany for him, haha.

long story short: yes, get a hedgehog! :)