PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

Hey guys this Nic from Cartel. Here to clear up any questions you guys may have. This isn't some official statement, just me needing to get it off my chest.

I've been monitoring all the "hear say" the past few days but haven't really gotten involved with this ordeal, frankly I hate that it has created all this drama. We always seem to gravitate towards drama. Hah.

I think this release just caught me, as well as the other guys, by suprise. We(the band) literally had no idea or heads up this was happening. Honestly I consider it a compliment that someone would want to release our pressings for us. We certainly dropped the ball on getting a chroma vinyl out. A lot of it was timing, legal & financial issues. We are an independent band now in the US so everything we make or sell literally puts food on our table.

We wanted (& still will of course) to make the 10yr anniversary vinyl for chroma very special, with a lot of extra goodies in the packaging. So when we saw this, it took a little bit out of us. It bummed me to see chroma vinyl out before we could add anything to it.

I don't hate ETR for pressing chroma, nor do I condone fans from buying it. could we potentially loose $ over it, yes probably, nothing were not used to in this industry. But I do wish communications between all parties (Cartel, ETR, epic) were better so we weren't caught so off guard. Not this "he said, she said". When company ink pressed 'the ransom' were very involved with them on the process. I wish the same would have been for ETR. Again ETR is well within their right to do this & I'm flattered for them actually doing it. I do feel we deserved to know when it was happening, not kept out of the loop (all good, I'm used to being out of the loop, at the end of the day we just show up to play & have a good time with all of you, as it's always been....except for that bubble thing(but who wouldn't pass up that opportunity. No regrets).

Chroma is our baby, so we defend it as such. It doesn't matter if we sold our souls to the industry, in the end we made Chroma for all of you. Thank you ETR for doing this, & thank you guys who have supported us.

Nic

Just wanted to post this because nobody quoted it yet. If someone randomly asked me is "Company ABC" releasing your record, I'd probably pick up the phone after the interview ended and ask questions to the right people.

Will Pug from UndertheGun in June 2013:

"Speaking of the other records on vinyl, I’ve heard that Enjoy the Ride may be involved with that. Is there any truth to that rumor?

Nobody is onboard to do any sort of vinyl rerelease or rerelease otherwise. At this point, now that we’re releasing stuff on our own, it would be ludicrous to try to involve somebody else. We may go to somebody for distribution when we do Chroma on vinyl just because of how many copies we sold originally and we’d like to have it in stores not just online or at shows. We’re going to be very careful with that just because it is our baby. Just to be completely honest, it’s probably going to be pretty financially lucrative. So, we don’t want to share what we’ve shared too much of already, you know? At this point we don’t know how it’s all going to work because of licensing and whatnot."

^ I think this interview actually took place back in Feburary of 2013, so that's well over a year that the band has directly known about ETR's repressing. 

That being said, I'm at a loss for how band members keep showing up acting shocked and surprised. While I'm glad to see that they're becoming more optimistic and supportive after the original negative outburst... them claiming to not have known beforehand is simply an untruthful statement. 

WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? 

WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES? WHO CARES?

Jbrana: I agree the approached method to notify fans that this is not our pressing was not ideal. Social media is a very dangerous thing, it can quickly be misinterpreted & turn on you.

We never bashed his label nor did we call for the bashing of ETR, we claimed that they were well within their right to do so & that it was released without our knowledge. The difference is It does not have the extras that we will be putting on it next year for the special 10yr anniversary.

I still would like a copy of ETR's chroma.

Jbrana: I agree the approached method to notify fans that this is not our pressing was not ideal. Social media is a very dangerous thing, it can quickly be misinterpreted & turn on you.

We never bashed his label nor did we call for the bashing of ETR, we claimed that they were well within their right to do so & that it was released without our knowledge. The difference is It does not have the extras that we will be putting on it next year for the special 10yr anniversary.

ETR will sell you one for $25.

http://enjoytheride.storenvy.com/collections/27394-vinyl-records/products/7212863-cartel-chroma-etr-webstore-exclusive-variant