PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

i'm pretty sure that's what they did in their post on AP (which they tweeted a link to). it was very civil and they said they had no ill will towards ETR and that people should purchase the album from them if they wanted.

I agree although the statement made on ap.net was also false where is stated "ETR did contact us regarding their intentions to put this out well over a year ago at which time we declined because we wanted to do it on our terms and without someone outside of Cartel having a say in the product. "

I was never declined, nor was I told that they wanted to do it on their own terms.  I was simply told that "we would love to see it pressed but do not know how to go about getting the license"  which then led to the tour variant conversarion on the phone.  This all seemed to make sense for everyone and should have worked nicely for the fans, band and ETR

On a better note.....the first 125 orders of this and RBF were mailed out today. I will be packing more later and should be mailing another 100+ on saturday morning 

Although I did not want to resort to posting screen caps , this matter has already become far more public than it should have.

I am not sure which member answers or checks the facebook account but someone saw it and responded based on this response which was AFTER the private message sent to will on FB.

14191005562_02d6340ecf_o.png

I 100% agree that facebook is not a great way to get in touch with anyone especially a "public figure" sich as the singer of a popular band but no other public info for the band was available at the time and it was my first attempt at contact but that message did say "read" back in Feb 2013 so it was seen although he may not have bothered to take it seriously.    Regardless, after that private message to will's personal account, I WAS able to get a response from the band on their band account which was how the initial contact with their manager STARTED. Often bands do not have any public info available on their site other than twitter or facebook band accounts so getting in touch with members or management direct is often difficult and starts like this before I finally get the right contact info to have a real conversation.

I then had a few back and fourth's via email with their manager and then a phone conversation in which the whole "tour variant" conversation happened and the band being very interested & excited in finally getting this pressed. After the phone convo, I then sent a follow up email which recapped all the details of what we planned to do as their manager requested (pressing info, which plant was pressing, cost per record, color variants etc....)  I sent the same follow up email 3 times after that which my only response was "Hey Ross, sorry for the delay, hope to get back to you soon"  which in no way seemed negative since the response came a month after the phone convo and I assumed he spoke with the band about it at that point. In the phone conversation it was also mentioned that I was told by Epic that another label was in line for the license and if I did not move forward in the next month or two then they would grant them the license. Once i mentioned that to their manager, who openly stated "we would love to get this pressed but simply do not know how to go about getting the license"  I was then told to get the wheels in motion if another company was in line and he would get back to me in regards to the tour variant proposal. 

Unless their manager refers to himself in the third person then someone else in the band answered this and sent me his contact info which was how we initially STARTED talking, prior to the phone conversation mentioned above

As of tuesday, I have been approached by a website so do an interview about this whole situation and give my side of the story. I may provide more screen caps of the emails and what not , if need be in that interview. I am scheduled to be interviewed tomorrow and hope to have it up by the weekend at some point.

In regards to Nic posting on here, that is VERY cool of you and wish that I had reached out to you in the first place as you seem to be rational and a good guy. In no way was i trying to do this behind your back and offered you as many copies at label cost in exchange for your support of the release in order to have the band make some money on the re-issue which most of my competitors do not even attempt to do. I am really sorry that all this drama has gone down with the release & thank you for writing and releasing one of the best pop punk albums of the 2000's

As I said. Someone's not telling the truth. 

I'm super pumped for the tell-all interview. 

Hoping Cartel does one too.

Then I want a Dateline special. Me and my wife's favorite show.

I agree although the statement made on ap.net was also false where is stated "ETR did contact us regarding their intentions to put this out well over a year ago at which time we declined because we wanted to do it on our terms and without someone outside of Cartel having a say in the product. "

I was never declined, not wsa I told that they wanted to do it on their own terms.  I was simply told that "we would love to see it pressed but do not know how to go about getting the license"     which is why this all seemed to make sense and should have worked out for everyone

i totally understand why you would be upset about that, and i'm not taking any sides here; i just think that it's not doing anyone any good to keep rehashing this over and over. someone needs to take the high road here and just drop it, because people are going to believe whatever they want to believe at this point.

you did everything legally correct and that's that.

i totally understand why you would be upset about that, and i'm not taking any sides here; i just think that it's not doing anyone any good to keep rehashing this over and over. someone needs to take the high road here and just drop it, because people are going to believe whatever they want to believe at this point.

you did everything legally correct and that's that.

NO! SHUT IT! INTERVIEW TIME.

I love you all, but I was totally bummed that when you Refunded GKersey's Cartel Record, you Refunded the Reel Big Fish Swirl he picked up for me and then it sold out by the time I had moneyzzzz.

I know sad stories, worlds tiniest violin.

At least I got a Cartel EP named after a joke I made. Life is looking up! 

Although I did not want to resort to posting screen caps , this matter has already become far more public than it should have.

I am not sure which member answers or checks the facebook account but someone saw it and responded based on this response which was AFTER the private message sent to will on FB.

14191005562_02d6340ecf_o.png

I 100% agree that facebook is not a great way to get in touch with anyone especially a "public figure" sich as the singer of a popular band but no other public info for the band was available at the time and it was my first attempt at contact but that message did say "read" back in Feb 2013 so it was seen although he may not have bothered to take it seriously. Regardless, after that private message to will's personal account, I WAS able to get a response from the band on their band account which was how the initial contact with their manager STARTED. Often bands do not have any public info available on their site other than twitter or facebook band accounts so getting in touch with members or management direct is often difficult and starts like this before I finally get the right contact info to have a real conversation.

I then had a few back and fourth's via email with their manager and then a phone conversation in which the whole "tour variant" conversation happened and the band being very interested & excited in finally getting this pressed. After the phone convo, I then sent a follow up email which recapped all the details of what we planned to do as their manager requested (pressing info, which plant was pressing, cost per record, color variants etc....) I sent the same follow up email 3 times after that which my only response was "Hey Ross, sorry for the delay, hope to get back to you soon" which in no way seemed negative since the response came a month after the phone convo and I assumed he spoke with the band about it at that point. In the phone conversation it was also mentioned that I was told by Epic that another label was in line for the license and if I did not move forward in the next month or two then they would grant them the license. Once i mentioned that to their manager, who openly stated "we would love to get this pressed but simply do not know how to go about getting the license" I was then told to get the wheels in motion if another company was in line and he would get back to me in regards to the tour variant proposal.

Unless their manager refers to himself in the third person then someone else in the band answered this and sent me his contact info which was how we initially STARTED talking, prior to the phone conversation mentioned above

As of tuesday, I have been approached by a website so do an interview about this whole situation and give my side of the story. I may provide more screen caps of the emails and what not , if need be in that interview. I am scheduled to be interviewed tomorrow and hope to have it up by the weekend at some point.

In regards to Nic posting on here, that is VERY cool of you and wish that I had reached out to you in the first place as you seem to be rational and a good guy. In no way was i trying to do this behind your back and offered you as many copies at label cost in exchange for your support of the release in order to have the band make some money on the re-issue which most of my competitors do not even attempt to do. I am really sorry that all this drama has gone down with the release & thank you for writing and releasing one of the best pop punk albums of the 2000's

All good man, thank you. I believe you 100%, this is certainly a case of lost translation & we failed to follow up with it. I personally do not remember any of this & there are 100's of messages on our band Facebook of which we try to check from time to time but obviously don't get to them all. I agree it is hard to get in contact with the right people, & I probably would have done the same as you.

I will apologize on behalf of my party if we have cause any wrong doing to your label, it was never our intention. We were merely trying to help illuminate the situation at hand via twitter since we were caught off guard(well... More like completely forgot about it according to the screen caps. That clears it up). Our replies were never meant to create a shit storm or bash you guys.

Feel free to message me personally, I posted my email a page or two back. I certainly do not want any more drama to this mess, good luck with the interview. I'm sure we will be contacted also for "our side of the story" as well. Again it was just lost communication & you guys were in the legal right to do this.

you guys did a good job on the vinyl. I hope it sells well.

This whole thing is starting to feel like jerry springer. Cat .gif anyone? Hah

Take it easy

Nic