PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

I know, I didnt realize all this was all squashed, sorry for bringing it back up!

Your a little behind on this. It was clear comms between us & ETR were lost along the way sometime last year. We as a band never discussed anything about ETR's project, for the info was never relayed to us or even followed up on. This is why it was such a surprise when it released the other day.
& why wouldn't we deserve free copies? Any record of ours pressed by other labels has always given the band free copies for the collection. It's just a nice jester. I'm not going to pay for my own music. The amount of heart we put into making it I think we deserve at least a copy for each member. But that's just me, the 1 of 5 guys who pulled his hair out for 3weeks while recording it.
As for as my knowledge we didn't ask him to bail on production. & our "tweets" were never intended to stir shit. Merely to let people know we had no part in its production & ours will come with "extras" for the 10yr. I really don't see how that stirs things up, actually yes I do. Misinterpretations of what we said somehow turned into "bashing ETR", or "telling people not to buy it". We never did any of that.

Regardless it's still cool to see it in vinyl form. I think ETR did a good job. I'm not mad at ETR one bit, he beat us to the punch fair & square.

Dude, take me back! great tour! Jack rabbits, holy hell that place always got so hot! they closed that place right?

I remember hanging out with Cartel in Jacksonville over at Jack Rabbits before the Epic reissue came out. I believe Permanent Me and The Summer Obsession were also on the bill. It was the last night of tour and it was a great time.

That being said I'm excited for Cartel's press And also ETR's. It'll be nice to have two versions.

Dude, take me back! great tour! Jack rabbits, holy hell that place always got so hot! they closed that place right?

Nope. They're still open and kicking. They have some good shows come through there. I love it there because of how small it is. It's just a more personal experience. Granted I haven't been in a long time. I'm living up in Georgia now. Just north of Atlanta.

Nice! Well let's hang again & shoot the shit! I'm in Atlanta also. We can grab a beer & preach about how old we are haha.

Nope. They're still open and kicking. They have some good shows come through there. I love it there because of how small it is. It's just a more personal experience. Granted I haven't been in a long time. I'm living up in Georgia now. Just north of Atlanta.

Nice! Well let's hang again & shoot the shit! I'm in Atlanta also. We can grab a beer & preach about how old we are haha.

I'm down. I live in Dawsonville/Dahlonega area (I don't know if you're familiar). I think I was 16 or 17 during that show and it sure feels like it was longer than that. I do remember it fondly though and I helped pack up your trailer and then declined the offer to join you guys at Waffle House. Good times indeed.

Thats kind of a dumb statement, you clearly don't own a business. Someone that does the same thing as you and could get an opportunity instead of you means they're a competitor. Its totally possible to run a business and make smart business decisions while also doing it for the love.

My whole point was that music shouldn't be treated like other "businesses". In independent music, labels and bands commingle and cooperate to build scenes and communities that support each other. Most labels do all their work on the side of a "real job" and never see a profit beyond what is dumped into the next release. That's certainly not to say you can't make money or be successful, but if your attitude isn't people over money, you shouldn't get to fly the "independent label" banner. Some of the comments in here are disgusting - basically saying fuck this band, they're bad people for not following through on a business deal, nothing but support for Ross because he mails my records on time, I am willing to shout down anyone who takes issue with how he does business because I want this album on vinyl. If your slavish devotion to acquiring material relics supersedes your interest in the relationship between an artist and their work and how it's presented, then get the fuck off my lawn.

My whole point was that music shouldn't be treated like other "businesses". In independent music, labels and bands commingle and cooperate to build scenes and communities that support each other. Most labels do all their work on the side of a "real job" and never see a profit beyond what is dumped into the next release. That's certainly not to say you can't make money or be successful, but if your attitude isn't people over money, you shouldn't get to fly the "independent label" banner. Some of the comments in here are disgusting - basically saying fuck this band, they're bad people for not following through on a business deal, nothing but support for Ross because he mails my records on time, I am willing to shout down anyone who takes issue with how he does business because I want this album on vinyl. If your slavish devotion to acquiring material relics supersedes your interest in the relationship between an artist and their work and how it's presented, then get the fuck off my lawn.

This comment is everything.

THIS!!!

Too bad these twerps have no interest in any of what Alex H. said...because it is all about their precious wall art. 

Fucking Pokemon hobbyists...

You're only using the word twerp because I used it earlier. 

COPYCAT.

pffffffft, I have been twerping for a while now young lady! YOU COPIED ME!