PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

This made me laugh because I thought the same thing about that alignment.

"Additionally, as the original creator of the layout for this record am I allowed to bitch about how my art was hijacked as well? Could have at least hit that "vertical align button" for the cover. Even Epic "almost" got that right."

This made me laugh because I thought the same thing about that alignment.

"Additionally, as the original creator of the layout for this record am I allowed to bitch about how my art was hijacked as well? Could have at least hit that "vertical align button" for the cover. Even Epic "almost" got that right."

Who said that?

I'd assume the artwork rights would go along with the music rights.

Who said that?

I'd assume the artwork rights would go along with the music rights.

I'm guessing it's the guy who laid out the cover originally. I've never heard ANYONE complain about 'art' being 'hijacked' on a rerelease. Seems like a silly argument.

I just thought the alignment issue was funny.

I don't get what cartel thinks they can do that will be so awesome for their pressing of it. Only thing I could think of would be to bundle it with some stupid t-shirt that 95% of people wouldn't want anyways.

Although most people won't be able to hear a difference on their walls, I know Cartel has access to the masters for Chroma.

Some brainstormed ideas we talked about include:

-re-mastered

-Un-released b-sides that never made it on chroma

-digital download for chroma

-old pics/videos

-a fucking Tshirt

-subliminal messages for cats

-limited edition color vinyl

-etc...

Just some of the things off the top of my head. This record means a lot to us so in turn we want to make it special for you guys. If all you want is record then by all means go buy ETR's version (assuming you like Cartel). point is it's our 10yr, it's a long time.

I wish we could have put this out sooner but well we just couldn't. As someone said earlier were just one of those poor bands with a bunch of 30yr olds. hah

I don't get what cartel thinks they can do that will be so awesome for their pressing of it. Only thing I could think of would be to bundle it with some stupid t-shirt that 95% of people wouldn't want anyways.

-re-mastered

-old pics/videos

-a fucking Tshirt

-etc...

Just some of the things off the top of my head. This record means a lot to us so in turn we want to make it special for you guys. If all you want is record then by all means go buy ETR's version (assuming you like Cartel). point is it's our 10yr, it's a long time.

I wish we could have put this out sooner but well we just couldn't. As someone said earlier were just one of those poor bands with a bunch of 30yr olds. hah

We need a photoshop mockup of the cartel record with cats all over and a tshirt that just says "Fucking" 

-a fucking Tshirt

you're a good sport, Nic from Cartel. i genuinely like you as a human being.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9220-1350677407-3.g

-re-mastered

-old pics/videos

-a fucking Tshirt

-etc...

Out of curiosity, DO you actually have access to the masters (as has been stated here) *if* they even still exist? I assume that ETR would have been given everything they needed to work with by the label, or at least whatever they still had. The early 2000s were the most horribly disorganized times for this kind of thing, so many bands and labels have no idea whatever happened to their mixed audio, session reels/files, artwork... It's a mess.

What was the original master format anyhow?

Great questions. We should certainly still have the masters. As far as format I have no idea man sorry, it was long time ago but I can try to find out as much info as possible. I'm not sure what ETR's whole process, I'm curious myself what the costs were to get the rights.

Out of curiosity, DO you actually have access to the masters (as has been stated here) *if* they even still exist? I assume that ETR would have been given everything they needed to work with by the label, or at least whatever they still had. The early 2000s were the most horribly disorganized times for this kind of thing, so many bands and labels have no idea whatever happened to their mixed audio, session reels/files, artwork... It's a mess.

What was the original master format anyhow?

You know whats really stupid? A band giving PERMISSION and their blessing for a label to do something.

Then the label spends THOUSANDS of dollars setting it up and pressing it, etc.

Then the band stirs shit, acting as if they didnt give the OK, and then not understanding why Ross/ETR couldn't just bail out on the project without losing thousands of dollars.

THEN THEY ASK FOR SOME FREE COPIES. Really? ETR's release isn't cool but you want some free copies?

Look, anyone with any business background, or just plain common sense, can understand why ETR couldn't just bail out on this halfway through the pressing, when the band's manager even apologized for not getting back to him.

Additionally, its completely legal and legit. Ross didn't EVEN HAVE TO reach out to the band, but he did out of respect. If you know anything about ETR's history, they don't press things if the band is not cool with it, ever. They've gotton permission from labels who own all the rights in the past, but turned the pressing down because the band wasn't giving approval. So the band can't even act as if they didn't give Ross the OK to begin with because ETR has never, ever done that to a band.